• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Hotel Discount

Abbey1

DIS Veteran
I am wondering how the discounts on hotels work for annual pass holders. Specifically, do the rates decrease the closer you get to the reservation date? I see that PPH has a rate of $240/night for the end of January and $260/night the last week of February. Is this rate likely to decrease (if still available) the further we get into February?

I've only been a pass holder for a couple of years. I've never noticed rates going down closer to a trip date.
I booked a room back in early September 2016 for the end of January 2017. An AP offer came out October 26th for less, so I called and had the discount applied to my reservation. The AP rate I got for one night at PPH was $228. When I look tonight the rate is $242
If you see a rate that meets your budget, book it and watch for it to go lower. If it does call and adjust the reservation.
Geemo

You can't just call and get 10% off whatever rooms are available. They set aside rooms at the AP rate or for whatever offer they do, usually 20% or maybe 25% off but very limited in the number of actual rooms. Once they're gone, you can't count on them adding more rooms to the offer. The AP discount used to be more flexible, this is how it works now.

The price going up is often the standard rooms selling out, so the better view rooms are the only ones left available and become the new displayed price. Waiting on a discounted dlr room is not usually a good idea. Unless it is something like dapper day, reservations can be changed or cancelled up to 5 days before checkin if you find a better deal later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter