AP holders, please look at this

tjmouse

DIS Veteran
According to themouseforless, this is what is going on:

"Important Note: The new Passholder Best Rate Program will not replace the old Annual Passholder system, but will be available to guests who would like to book Annual Pass rates earlier. This system is meant to be available for those guests who know they will be traveling, and want to book early, but want to ensure they get the best rate.

Passholder discount offers will still be available thru 1-407-W-DISNEY or through your Travel Agent."

I was on the phone with a very helpful CM a few minutes ago and this is what he understood as well. They will still come out with AP codes, perhaps not as big a discount as what you would get by booking online with code EXH, but you could still get a discount. He made a few phone calls while he had me on hold and he said this was new to him, but it made sense. He took it as a way to offer MORE of a discount to AP holders if they book early. He also said that because you pay a nonrefundable deposit and a $50 fee to change a reservation that people would be more apt not to book several rooms and then cancel what they don't want at the last minute.

Don't flame me, I'm just the messenger!

I have been trying to book online throught the passholder section, but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

If that is the case than a lot of people won't be as upset. I know I wouldn't if this turns out to be what it actually is.

Thanks for posting. Combining all of this information helps sort things out.

OK, I just tried to book ONLINE with the passholder best rate program. It tells me my arrival date must be BEFORE 11/26! Um, do I not know how to count or is 11/29 more than 120 days away????? This makes no sense.

I hope that $50 change fee doesn't kick in if they switch your ressies to the better rate. That just wouldn't be right.

It's funny you mentioned this b/c that is how I interpreted what it ment. I had posted it one of the threads that was explaining it. That wouldn't be so bad then.

tjmouse said:
OK, I just tried to book ONLINE with the passholder best rate program. It tells me my arrival date must be BEFORE 11/26! Um, do I not know how to count or is 11/29 more than 120 days away????? This makes no sense.
120 days from today (June 19) would be Oct 17, so yes, Nov 29 is definitely more than 120 days away! Your math is OK, it's the Best Rate web application that is having problems. It states that you can book trips with arrival dates up to 12/19, but if you enter an arrival date later than 11/26, you get an error stating that your arrival date must be no later than 11/26. I sent them an email last night to report this bug. Hopefully someone will fix it soon.

I actually like the idea of doing an online reservation with my AP and not having to worry about calling back when an AP discount comes out. Most of my trips are planned 4-6 months ahead anyways so the 120 day period doesn't bother me. However my question is since the deposit is non-refundable, does that mean if something comes up prior to the 45 day mark that your reservation can't be transfered to other dates.

MK05-
I answered your question on another post. Rumor has it that you can but you will pay a $50 fee.

I just spoke to a great CM (Cameron) and he also said that by booking online you are going to get about a 6%-10% greater discount than those who book through CRO. However, when I try to book online, the rates that are coming up are rack-rates. He said that what you see online is what you will pay and they will not adjust your rate at a later date. When I told him that the rates for "Best Rate" were not yet discounted, he was stumped. He put me on hold while he spoke with guest services and online support and then he said that they are aware of the pricing issue and hope to have it worked out soon.

I thought (through reading this site) that you can book now and the rate will be changed later, but the CM I spoke with said that is not the case. The rate you see online when you book will be the rate you pay with "best rate" plan. I am going to hold out a few more days to see if they get that straightened out. There is no point for me to cancel my existing ressie (if I can apply a AP or FL resident discount later) to a "Best Rate" if that is still going to be rack rate. Doesn't make much sense.

HTH

Mickey Fliers --

Thanks for the info. It does sound like if they get their web issues worked out so that the "best rates" are there instead of "rack rates" that this will be a good program.

It's also interesting to note that he says what you book is what you pay, not that the rate will be adjusted as was reported earlier.

I'll be staying tuned because I am curious if it will happen in time for me to get a night at AKL before my DVC stay on October 26.

This directly contradicts what is posted on MouseSavers.com... it makes it pretty clear that the rate will be lowered if a lower rate is offered to the general public.

Actually that directly contradicts what is on WDW online reservation site. Here is what it says: (see bold and underlined area for contradiction)

"Planning a vacation in a few months? Then it's time to try our Passholder Best Rate Program! Now Passholders booking a Disney Resort room online under the Passholder Best Rate Program at disneyworld.com/passholders can rest easy knowing they have received our best room rate offered to the general public* at that time for the room and nights booked. And, if we subsequently reduce our room rate to the general public for the same room and nights you booked online under this Program, we will automatically reduce your room rate to match that lower rate.

Rooms must be booked at least 120 days in advance and, unlike our normal cancellation policy, a non-refundable deposit of 1-night's room charge and tax must be paid at the time of booking. Currently this program is only available for arrivals through 12/19/05. The number of rooms and nights available for this Program is limited and rooms are not available every night. This Program is subject to change or discontinuance at any time and without notice.

* Does not include group rates, auction rates or rates conditioned on group/club memberships or other specified eligibility requirements."

I agree that this does contradict what is posted on the WDW website. I was just trying to relay info that I was given by a CM this morning.

However, the "best rates" online are still only rack rates. Does that mean that they won't be discounted unless a "general code" comes out? I hope not. I am hoping it is just a pricing glitch that they have yet to work out on the online reservation system. If the "best rates" do come out and they are truly going to be 6%-10% less than regular AP rates (or FL resident rates), then this could be a great deal for those of us who do book our vacations months in advance. I really do think that is going to be the case. What do you all think?

When I spoke with both guest services and sales both were very clear on the "we will reduce your rate" thing. Both were clear on that what they consider to be "public discounts" are discounts published on their web site which include Florida resident and Passholder codes (the current wording on the Disney site doesn't specify this but sales and guest services both said they will match AP codes see this thread for details).

It is my understanding that the rates on the best rate program are rack rates now because no discounts have been released yet. Once they are, then they will display lower rates AND the people already booked will have their rate reduced as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lollipop Mom!

I was also thinking that my AP expires next month so maybe they won't give me the "best rate" until I renew for my time frame. Good to know that probably isn't the case. Any idea as to when they are going to release the "best rates" and AP rates? I am also glad to hear that Disney will be applying the discount to already booked "best rate" reservations. The CM I spoke to obviously isn't quite up to speed yet on all of these changes. Actually, the only who seems up to speed is Lollipop Mom! :teeth:

I'm so confused as to which thread to post as there are so many so I'm not sure if this has been asked:

In the past, there were times that an AP rate wasn't available at a particular resort when they came out. For example, last summer we had to switch to the BC because there were no AP rooms available at our chosen resort (YC). No problem, I called and they changed our YC reservation to the BC AP rate over the phone.

What if you book with this new program at rack rate and a discount for your selected resort is not available when they release them? Will you be stuck for the $50 change fee? Will they move you to a resort that does offer an AP room discount? :confused3

I still many are missing the point of this new program. This program is to give Annual Pass holders that book in advance, have no plans to cancel and will keep the room even at rack rate the best discount. Basically what they are saying is this, if Mr. Jones books a room at POFQ and knows when he books he will not cancel and can afford rack rate, then Disney will reward him with the "best" discount offered to anyone.

Now this discount might be 15% or it might be 50% and Mr. Jones will not know that at booking. But he does not care, because any discount is better than paying rack rate which he was willing to do.

This program does not benefit those that have to have a certain percentage off to book, say a deluxe room or concierge. It also does not benefit those that have only bought one AP for the discount, it rewards the family that bought one for everyone.

As stated if all the rooms are not booked either at Rack Rate, using the "best" program then Disney will probably offer those rooms at a lower percentage discount so at least they are not sitting empty. However I don't see them offering them until closer to arrival.

The discounts and they way they were offered in the past were offered to fill empty rooms. If bookings are up and all sources say they are then those type of discounts and the number of them might not be available anymore. But then that is basic economics. Supply and demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter