AP equal resort savings?

Adora

DIS Veteran
Curious I feel I have read that having a AP saves on the resort. Wondering how much is the savings? How many days do most stay to feel that going from a multi day pass is worth the upgrade instead.

Thanks!

We are going next year for 9 nights/10 days. We decided to buy one AP and one 9 day hopper. The AP is for the memory maker (which we buy anyways), the discounts on purchases (I like souvenirs), there is also a dining discount, but we may buy the Tables In Wonderland. We plan a sit down every night with wine/cocktails, so I have to figure out if the TIW is worth it.

Hoping for a discount, but I have my heart set on a certain category, so if it's not discounted, we won't get one.

We will see after that trip if the savings outweighed the cost! :)

Sometimes there are AP room promos that are quite a bit better than the general public promo, but just as often the rates for the two are similar for where I want to stay, or the general public offer is available for what I've already booked at rack rate but the AP discount isn't. I suppose if you're not picky about where you're staying or what type of room you want, you could just take whatever has the best discount. That's not how we plan a trip though. I will say, you shouldn't buy an AP based on hypothetical future discounts. Discounts are not guaranteed and can be discontinued or scaled back at any time. The only really financially sound reason to purchase it is if it's less expensive than the tickets you would likely purchase over the course of a year. We go three times a year for ten days each trip so it's a no brainer for us. We consider any discounts that we get to be a bonus but we never count on them. The free Memory Maker is nice when we go on family trips with our grandchildren, but most of our trips are adult trips and we never get photos taken on those. We're also really bad at remembering to ask for the discount at restaurants and when making purchases in stores, so that's another reason not to count on saving with a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter