AP discount with childs Pass, if they are over 10

MemoryMakers2669

<font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th
I know this topic is discussed a lot, but still don't know the answer. If a child is 10 and has an adult AP, can you use it to get the AP discount? This family...neighbors, have a daughter that is going with her dad in June and then again with her mom in July. Would make sense to just get her an AP either way. The moms trip can be booked (actually is on hold) under the new discounts that came out today. Do you think the 10 year olds pass is enough? She is on the reseravation already!

as for savings on her ticket during multi wdw trips a 10 day myw adult (10 & up) ticket $377 with no expiration, park hopper & plus pack (w/waterparks) would work great.

unless she's making additional visits within 1 year or more than 10 days of parks during her stays the ap $395 or premium ap (w/waterparks) $515, might then be a better deal.

Any person on the reservation can be the AP holder to get the AP room only rate. It does not have to be an adult, it does not have to be the one making the reservation. Yes, her AP would suffice to attain the room only AP rate. HTH

I had a problem with this yesterday when attempting to book a second room for my parents. I told the CM my daughter would be staying in the room with them, and since she is an AP holder, the discount is able to be applied. The CM told me otherwise. Anyway, after I nicely asked her to contact a supervisor, she got back on the line and allowed me to book the room. She did tell me that they will be changing this policy in the near future, because people are taking advantage of their AP's, and booking mutiple rooms for people who are not AP holders.

I did not comment on that. I was just happy to get our rooms at the AP rate! :cool1:

I used my child's AP to get a discount last year. I booked the room and was told it was fine. My DD was 5 at the time and the CM said as long as her name was also on the reservation then no problem. Wasn't a big deal anyway as I'm NEVER asked to even prove I have an AP!

Just wanted to add that I did get my own AP once at WDW that trip. It was just that mine has expired in May and DD's was still good when we went in October. Still didn't matter as we are never asked for an AP at check in.

Thanks! I figure since she is paying the adult price for the AP it really shouldn't matter. This isn't a case of trying to save money really, but just getting a childs pass to get the discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter