AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

For those who have been keeping an eye on the weekend discounts, is there a pattern? Right now the "passholder discount" on the room i'd like to upgrade to is showing rack rate for the weekends. Hoping it changes before it sells out
Thank you for asking - also wondering what others are seeing. I keep checking and don’t see any changes in my rate for Sept 11-15. :( Still have rack rate for my weekend days.
Weekends are discounted today, so check to see if there is availability for your dates.

Thanks for the heads up. The YC AP discount for 11/1-3 is still rack rate. Ugh!
That's Wine and Dine Run weekend. Onsite, especially at Epcot resorts is going to be tough to find discounted.

What we are seeing with discounts is that Disney is being *extremely selective* about which dates and resorts it discounts. Even though it offers general public and AP and FD discounts, they do not include all resorts and room types, nor all dates. For example, Pirate Rooms at CBR have full discounts the weekend of Thanksgiving and the weekend right before Christmas. Those rooms do not sell well, even during major holidays.

For Nov 1 - Nov 3, there's almost nothing, even at rack rate. The weekend that I'm going - October 10 - 14 has not had any availability for weeks. They do not need to offer a discounted to have these rooms sold.

Weekends are discounted today, so check to see if there is availability for your dates.
Thank you for the heads up! Strangely, I am unable to log in to MDE at the moment (getting an error to try again later in the app) and that the password is incorrect online (which is not true).

I'm hoping someone might check for an AP rate for me. 🙂 Two dates for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm looking at either November 28-30th or one night for the 29th. Any room category is fine. I think they only have kings right now. My flights are not lining up so I have to add a day or two to the front. Thanks in advance! 🦓

I'm hoping someone might check for an AP rate for me. 🙂 Two dates for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm looking at either November 28-30th or one night for the 29th. Any room category is fine. I think they only have kings right now. My flights are not lining up so I have to add a day or two to the front. Thanks in advance! 🦓
Not much is available for those dates. 11/28-11/30 not available. 11/29-11/30, AKL has the following rates, plus taxes:
1-BR w CL - $1,156
2-BR Suite w/CL - $1,918

Not much is available for those dates. 11/28-11/30 not available. 11/29-11/30, AKL has the following rates, plus taxes:
1-BR w CL - $1,156
2-BR Suite w/CL - $1,918
It's slim pickings for sure! Thank you so much for checking!

It's slim pickings for sure! Thank you so much for checking!
I'm an idiot. I had 2 adults and 2 kids, which is my saved search, but you mention that King is OK, and there are the following available:
11/29-11/30 AKL SV King - $323
11/29-11/30 AKL Savannah King - $483

11/28-11/30 AKL Savannah King - $586 (Thursday is not discounted)

I'm an idiot. I had 2 adults and 2 kids, which is my saved search, but you mention that King is OK, and there are the following available:
11/29-11/30 AKL SV King - $323
11/29-11/30 AKL Savannah King - $483

11/28-11/30 AKL Savannah King - $586 (Thursday is not discounted)
That looks better! Thank you for checking again!

We're new AP holders. All current special offers are for 2019. We are planning trips for Jan/Feb and March of 2020. Any predictions of when AP discounts for winter or spring of 2020 will be released?

So can you no longer see AP rates on the Disney site with only a voucher? Last time I was a passholder, i could see the rates before I actually activated the AP.

So can you no longer see AP rates on the Disney site with only a voucher? Last time I was a passholder, i could see the rates before I actually activated the AP.

Yes true. This happened to me mid-July. Our vouchers won’t be activated until November but we had the vouchers starting in June. Called multiple times but was told should never had access until pass is active . I can still book a passholder room Discount but I have to call

I know that I was able to see AP rates last year before I activated my AP, with the voucher I purchased about a year ago (around October 2018), directly from Disney. We've seen reports that many can't see AP rates anymore with just the voucher. I've noticed that many that said they can't see AP rates online purchased their voucher through a third-party vendor, such as Sam's Club. But that is not consistent either. FYI, not as convenient, but you can always call to book an AP rate.

Yeah, I purchased mine through a 3rd party the day after the price hike because I could still get the cheaper price. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the hold up.

And while I appreciate the ability to call and secure rights, I think we all know how much we are invested in workshopping and testing different scenarios and comparing rates. Doing that via phone sounds awful. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter