AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

If you are outside the US, you have to set your country at the top right of the page to the US to see the AP discounts. It's sometimes glitchy, so an incognito or private window of your browser works best, then change the country, then log in.

If you're inside the US, try opening an incognito window and then log in there. The website is glitchy, but you can absolutely see and book the AP discounts with just a voucher, no matter what the phone CMs say.
I’m in the US. I’ll keep trying it and try incognito as well in case it is my personal glitch. Thank you!

This weekend rack rate thing is ridiculous. I booked a Deluxe villa at OKW Wednesday night for $1,496 (with weekends at rack rate). Thursday morning I checked and I found a 1 bed villa at OKW for $1,541. So, for $45 extra I can have a 1 bedroom? I snapped that up immediately, which was great because it changed back to the higher rate ($1,960) by mid morning.

I was so confused by that summer discount vs AP discount. I kept finding cheaper rooms with the summer discount and I couldn’t understand why (especially since the AP discount was supposed to be higher). I’m guessing it was the weekend rack rate issue.
FCFC9C11-C131-4E19-8BFB-95744D5B5515.jpeg
45C5E106-0590-41B4-82FF-97CE306A106A.jpeg
0DB41C66-871F-463B-80F8-C2003F0E9830.jpeg

This weekend rack rate thing is ridiculous. I booked a Deluxe villa at OKW Wednesday night for $1,496 (with weekends at rack rate). Thursday morning I checked and I found a 1 bed villa at OKW for $1,541. So, for $45 extra I can have a 1 bedroom? I snapped that up immediately, which was great because it changed back to the higher rate ($1,960) by mid morning.

I was so confused by that summer discount vs AP discount. I kept finding cheaper rooms with the summer discount and I couldn’t understand why (especially since the AP discount was supposed to be higher). I’m guessing it was the weekend rack rate issue.
View attachment 402982
View attachment 402983
View attachment 402984

I’ve been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Between my grown daughters and I, we have 3 trips booked between July and the end of September. The last one I booked was for AKL, CL and had to wait 3 days for the rack rate weekends to change back to what they should be. I booked it yesterday, today it’s back to rack rate weekends. It’s crazy.

I booked all star movies for a solo trip August 27-30. AP discount said 99.00 a night. The breakdown of nights has the first 2 at 84 a night and the last one rack rate at 123? So it looks like it equals to 99 a night but just a weird thing to do.

I booked all star movies for a solo trip August 27-30. AP discount said 99.00 a night. The breakdown of nights has the first 2 at 84 a night and the last one rack rate at 123? So it looks like it equals to 99 a night but just a weird thing to do.

The AP promo ends 8/28, so that’s why your seeing the pricing at rack rate for your last night and why it’s raising the avg cost per night. If you were leaving one day earlier, your avg cost per night would be $84.

As far as the nightly average, that’s how they always do it. In your case, your showing rack rate because the discount expires on the 28th, but if you were completely within the discount time frame, every night should be the same discounted rate making the avg rate the same as the per night rate.

When does everyone think the next group of rates may be announced for travel during October?

I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t any. With SWGE opening, they may not feel the need to offer discounts.
I have to be in Orlando for a work conference and figured I would add a trip at the end of the conference. But I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to purchase an AP for this trip and fear I won't get to take advantage of an AP discount for my first trip. I'm currently booked at BWV which will be a zoo due to SWGE. I'm not going to give up the reservation at this point because I have a feeling the 3 Epcot resorts will be sold out which doesn't look good for getting a discount.

I have to be in Orlando for a work conference and figured I would add a trip at the end of the conference. But I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to purchase an AP for this trip and fear I won't get to take advantage of an AP discount for my first trip. I'm currently booked at BWV which will be a zoo due to SWGE. I'm not going to give up the reservation at this point because I have a feeling the 3 Epcot resorts will be sold out which doesn't look good for getting a discount.

We’re going the end of September to see the last showing of Illuminations. I managed to snag a discount for our first 2 nights, but paying rack rate at the YC for the 1st. I’d love to see a discount come out, but since they were pulling the discount for the time frame I booked the morning I booked it, (only applied to the end of Sept) I don’t see why they’d offer another. I’m hoping I’m wrong, but I doubt YC would have availability even if they did.

I want to book 2 rooms CL and would love to get something like a 40% off AP discount for next May (2020). Should I book the rooms over the phone and then pray I can snag the discount and get it applied to the stay? Or, wait and see what offers come out and book as quickly as I can? First time being an AP and first time trying to book Deluxe CL. Thanks for any knowledge!! I appreciate it as always!

Like everyone, just waiting to see if anything comes out for September. I currently have Sun and Fun booked for Sep 5-8. Wanting to expand to my days and maybe switch to Sept 11-15 if the AP discount is good.

So much for my “I won’t go to Disney again this year” declaration.

Last edited:
I want to book 2 rooms CL and would love to get something like a 40% off AP discount for next May (2020). Should I book the rooms over the phone and then pray I can snag the discount and get it applied to the stay? Or, wait and see what offers come out and book as quickly as I can? First time being an AP and first time trying to book Deluxe CL. Thanks for any knowledge!! I appreciate it as always!
Booking early at rack rate guarantees you the room - at rack rate. If you are counting on a discount, I would wait so that there is additional inventory to incentivize a discount. They will only "apply" the discount if the room is available to be booked with a discount as a new reservation. The consensus is to book what you are comfortable paying at rack rate, if there is no discount or a small discount. Then, when/if AP discounts are released you can see what resorts and rooms are available and what the discount level is and then change your reservation to something more favorable since already having that room booked does not give you any priority to a discount.

Of course, no one knows how SWGE will affect onsite bookings, but AP Discounts for May 2019 were plentiful, generally a great time for discounts, especially in the early through mid-month part.

Booking early at rack rate guarantees you the room - at rack rate. If you are counting on a discount, I would wait so that there is additional inventory to incentivize a discount. They will only "apply" the discount if the room is available to be booked with a discount as a new reservation. The consensus is to book what you are comfortable paying at rack rate, if there is no discount or a small discount. Then, when/if AP discounts are released you can see what resorts and rooms are available and what the discount level is and then change your reservation to something more favorable since already having that room booked does not give you any priority to a discount.

Of course, no one knows how SWGE will affect onsite bookings, but AP Discounts for May 2019 were plentiful, generally a great time for discounts, especially in the early through mid-month part.
Thank you! I am going to wait and see what discounts become available before booking.

Hey all - I want to make sure I understand how this may work: My AP expires tomorrow and I paid rack rate for my family's trip in late October at CSR. My understanding is once (or if) the AP rates are released for that time period, I can call and ask them to apply the AP discount for the rooms (based on availability). The kicker here is: I'm debating letting the AP expire and get it closer to the October trip since we're not planning on going this summer. Will they give me the AP discount even if my AP has expired? I just have to prove the AP status at check in, right?

TIA!

Hey all - I want to make sure I understand how this may work: My AP expires tomorrow and I paid rack rate for my family's trip in late October at CSR. My understanding is once (or if) the AP rates are released for that time period, I can call and ask them to apply the AP discount for the rooms (based on availability). The kicker here is: I'm debating letting the AP expire and get it closer to the October trip since we're not planning on going this summer. Will they give me the AP discount even if my AP has expired? I just have to prove the AP status at check in, right?

TIA!
Correct. You just need an AP at check-in.

I’ve booked many an AP rate and have never been “asked” to show my AP. I assume the check-in cast member can see an active AP on their end?
They can see everything! I have taken a peak behind CMs and the first thing that pops up is that you are an AP, and the second thing is the resort. They know if you have an AP and if it's been activated, etc. They don't need to ask. It's all in MDE. You just need it in your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter