AP dining discounts extended

Yay! So happy....booked a few restaurants for my upcoming trip.

Can anyone confirm the AP discounts for merchandise have also been extended?

1) From what we hear, ONLY dining discounts, because the eateries are suffering for business.
2) Cast members can get huge dining discounts at many TS and Signature eateries in order to to drum up dining business.

1) From what we hear, ONLY dining discounts, because the eateries are suffering for business.
2) Cast members can get huge dining discounts at many TS and Signature eateries in order to to drum up dining business.

aw boo, I was surprised to see that 20% as the norm because that was my normal CM discount! I hadn't remembered it like that, so that explains it....

I was surprised to see that 20% as the norm because that was my normal CM discount!

1) For dining, MANY TS eateries now offer 40% discount, even without coupons or discount slips.
2) They are trying to get CM's to fill-in because so many guests are not filling the dining places.
3) My favorite CM eating bargains at this time:
. . . The Wave, 40% all day
. . . Trails End, 40% all day
. . . Citricos, 40% all day

NOTE: Go to THE HUB and you will find the total list of dining discounts, including all the ones they have now made 40%, all day, without coupons.

Sorry to sound ignorant about this topic but I am trying to figure out how exactly this discount works. So, I'm going on a trip with a family, I'm an AP, they are not. If we all dine together, will the discount only apply to me? What if my friends are buying me dinner? How does it work if a party is split between APs and non? Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sorry to sound ignorant about this topic but I am trying to figure out how exactly this discount works. So, I'm going on a trip with a family, I'm an AP, they are not. If we all dine together, will the discount only apply to me? What if my friends are buying me dinner? How does it work if a party is split between APs and non? Can anyone help? Thanks.
Usually the pass holders have to pay in order to get the discount but I have had CM’s who will give the discount to people who are with us even if they aren’t pass holders. It never hurts to ask. :)

Usually the pass holders have to pay in order to get the discount but I have had CM’s who will give the discount to people who are with us even if they aren’t pass holders. It never hurts to ask. :)
And if a CM gives you a hassle, ask the other members of your part to give you the money to pay the bill.

1) For dining, MANY TS eateries now offer 40% discount, even without coupons or discount slips.
2) They are trying to get CM's to fill-in because so many guests are not filling the dining places.
3) My favorite CM eating bargains at this time:
. . . The Wave, 40% all day
. . . Trails End, 40% all day
. . . Citricos, 40% all day

NOTE: Go to THE HUB and you will find the total list of dining discounts, including all the ones they have now made 40%, all day, without coupons.

I was a CM over 12 years ago, so I definitely knew those restrictions back then, but the holiday discount was awesome, as we went a little nutso during that time (especially on merch, as that 40% off was amazing haha)

From the Disney website regarding the passholder discount for dining:

Unless otherwise stated, discount excludes alcoholic beverages, applicable tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests. Dining hours vary by location; inquire at time of booking. Locations and operating hours subject to change without notice.

Has anyone been able to confirm that they are still offering the 30% discount at certain restaurants before 6:30pm and after 8:30pm?

Can anyone confirm the AP discounts for merchandise have also been extended? CMs at MK couldn’t tell me.

I am here now and the 20% AP merchandise discount is still in effect. When I asked a supervisor type person about it at a merchandise cart (one of the cast members dressed in business casual clothes as opposed to a uniform) he said it is indefinite (not just a 45 year promo like the dining). So it looks like at least for a while we will continue to get 20% off merchandise.

I am here now and the 20% AP merchandise discount is still in effect. When I asked a supervisor type person about it at a merchandise cart (one of the cast members dressed in business casual clothes as opposed to a uniform) he said it is indefinite (not just a 45 year promo like the dining). So it looks like at least for a while we will continue to get 20% off merchandise.
Is this just an AP promotion?
We're also DVC members, so I need to remember which thing gets us the best discount where!!

Do you have to pay using your MagicBand for them to recognise you're an AP holder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter