AP and Resort Reservations with AP Discount

SJSloan

DIS Veteran
I hope I'm putting this on the right board.

I am not currently an AP holder but I will be upgrading to AP on my July trip. I am also returning in November and will have my fingers crossed for an AP discount. I think I have read that AP holders can reserve 2 rooms under an AP discount. In November I will be travelling with my sister and her family and would like to be able to pass along the discount. But how do I make the room reservation. If I put it under her name then she won't be able to get the discount. Is there a way I can put it under my name but still list her and her family as the one's staying in the room?

I am hoping to reserve a room now (and apply a discount later if possible) only because of the lack of availability currently.

TIA

I hope I'm putting this on the right board.

I am not currently an AP holder but I will be upgrading to AP on my July trip. I am also returning in November and will have my fingers crossed for an AP discount. I think I have read that AP holders can reserve 2 rooms under an AP discount. In November I will be travelling with my sister and her family and would like to be able to pass along the discount. But how do I make the room reservation. If I put it under her name then she won't be able to get the discount. Is there a way I can put it under my name but still list her and her family as the one's staying in the room?

I am hoping to reserve a room now (and apply a discount later if possible) only because of the lack of availability currently.

TIA

As far as I'm aware, you can still book up to 3 rooms per annual pass. You and your family will be in one room, your sister and her family in another. You do not need to be listed as a party occupying her room, but they do advise that you are then when she is checking in.

I'm going to move this over to our Discount Codes & Rates board, where our discount experts hang out. :)

As far as I'm aware, you can still book up to 3 rooms per annual pass. You and your family will be in one room, your sister and her family in another. You do not need to be listed as a party occupying her room, but they do advise that you are then when she is checking in.

How would/could I apply a discount to her room if one becomes available? Can anyone book using an AP discount and then it is verified upon check-in?

I'm going to move this over to our Discount Codes & Rates board, where our discount experts hang out. :)

Thank you, I figured I posted to the wrong board but couldn't decide which was best.

You would reserve the rooms together when you make your reservation (as mentioned I believe you can book up to 3 rooms using your discount) - you cannot book an AP discount (at least online) unless you have the AP info listed in your MyDisney Experience profile. It will not allow you to book an AP rate (or even see the rates) unless you are logged in. The November rates should come out in the next few months. They recently came out with the early Fall rates (that can be booked thru 10/7 I believe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter