AP - activation needed?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
Do I have to stop at Guest Relations or a park ticket window to activate my Sorcerer (DVC) Annual Pass before I can use it?

I thought I did. But I just called 407-939-7277 to add the Photopass Download to my Annual Pass. The person who answered the phone mentioned that since I have a Magic Band, and since my AP is linked to my MDE account, I can go right in a park. No need to stop at Guest Relations first. He said I can stop at Guest Relations any time to pick up the Annual Pass card.

This Annual Pass was a new purchase, not a renewal, if that makes a difference.

When we activated our sorcerer passes in August (new purchase, as well), we were able to simply go to the gates, tap in, and were on our way! I am on the DVC deed, DH is not, and we both had no issues. I know some others have had to go to Guest Services, but we did not :-)

It seems that most have not had to go to GR, but there have been reports of people needing to do it, So far, we have not found any rhyme or reason as to why some are fine and others need to stop firsr.

My family visited WDW two weeks ago. I am listed on the DVC deed and did an online AP renewal. I was able to scan my MB at the gate and did not have to go to GR. My spouse (listed on the deed) and two children (minors, living in my household, and not listed on deed) were new online AP purchases. They were also able to use their MB’s at the gate and dis not have to visit GR.

I purchased mine over the phone. And called back and was told I was good to go. But at the turnstile I was sent back to the guest services this September.

I purchased mine over the phone. And called back and was told I was good to go. But at the turnstile I was sent back to the guest services this September.
our first day we are going to DS to grab food when we land I think I'll still go to GR down there so I don't have a rope drop issue next morning.

our first day we are going to DS to grab food when we land I think I'll still go to GR down there so I don't have a rope drop issue next morning.
I'm thinking of doing the reverse - going to Epcot on my first day to grab food after I land; I think I will try the tapstile to see if I can get through without going to Guest Relations. If I have to go to Guest Relations, I can do it then, and I won't have a rope drop issue next morning.

say what? no more going to show DVC card the first time before entering the park?

They now seem to be doing the verification through MS first, and why people can go right in…but, as you can read, there are still some who have had to go to GR.

They now seem to be doing the verification through MS first, and why people can go right in…but, as you can read, there are still some who have had to go to GR.
Yah that’s why better to be safe then mess up a morning.

I had renewed mine and my daughters AP on line a few weeks ago. We were able to scan in last Monday without going to guest services. Not gonna lie, I was pleasantly surprised.

Update:

10/28/2023 was the first time I used my AP. I had a Magic Band. I was able to go through the tapstyle at EPCOT without having to go to Guest Relations first. During the trip, I never did get to Guest Relations to obtain an AP card. When I was buying something and I wanted the discount, I pulled up the profile in the MDE app; the profile shows the discounts to which you are entitled.

I bought a new Sorcerer AP online in September that I will first use in February. At the bottom it says: 1700276212750.jpeg

I bought a new Sorcerer AP online in September that I will first use in February. At the bottom it says: View attachment 811455
I bought mine online when they first went back on sale in April. As I said above, I did not have to go to the ticket window when I entered the park at the end of October. I have a Magic Band. I was able to go straight to the tapstyles when I entered the park and had no problem getting through.

I bought mine online when they first went back on sale in April. As I said above, I did not have to go to the ticket window when I entered the park at the end of October. I have a Magic Band. I was able to go straight to the tapstyles when I entered the park and had no problem getting through.
Maybe they are updating the policy to require it now since the website allows you to purchase for household members, but doesn’t ask for the proof?
That language at the bottom is certainly new. I know earlier in the year, during the last Great Sorcerer Pass Debate, when many of us were able to simply tap in with a Magic Band, the language regarding activating the pass suggested you didn't need to do anything else once purchased. Quite possibly a response to the ability to purchase for household members without needing proof of address online. I'll have to look for the screen caps.

Here's the thread:

Activating DVC Annual Pass

I have a new AP and will be staying at Riviera for the first time. I am not as familiar with WDW so where is guest relations located? Is there one at every DVC resort or are they specific to each theme park? Or is "guest relations" front desk at the resorts.

I have a new AP and will be staying at Riviera for the first time. I am not as familiar with WDW so where is guest relations located? Is there one at every DVC resort or are they specific to each theme park? Or is "guest relations" front desk at the resorts.
Guest Relations can be found near the entrance to each park (including both the Main Entrance and International Gateway at Epcot). There is also a GR office in Disney Springs. If you are staying at Riviera, just take the Skyliner over to Epcot. Guest Relations is to your left as you approach the entrance to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter