AP/2022/Ticket/Park Reservation Question

YCFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have had APs for many years now. I live out of state and do not want to give it up in case they won't let us get a new one if we let it expire. Ironically, my APs expire 8/3/2021 and I plan to renew, however that means they will also expire 8/3/2022. I have the Disney Wish booked for 8/8-8/12 next year and plan to go to the parks a few days just prior to the sailing. This means I would not be able to book park reservations for specific days until I renew next summer. Would I be able to purchase tickets for those days when I book our resort reservation, make park reservations and then apply the ticket prices against a new AP in 2022? Am I over complicating this?

If I have this right, you can renew 60 days prior to your expiration date. That would put you just a smidge before your 60 day window for your sail date and sort of right on your 60-day dining reservation date. From what I can see, it's going to be tight, but not undoable. This happened to me this year when I had a February trip and a January expiration date on my AP. I believe I was able to renew in December, which put me around 60 days out from our park dates. It was a nail-biter for sure. Hope this goes well for you.

I don't think you need to buy tickets to guarantee park reservation spots.

Capacity limits will be essentially lifted by then (barring the kind of catastrophe none of us want to think about right now...), so you will be fine renewing your AP in early June and booking your later August park days then.

I don't anticipate any issues finding open park reservations anytime other than holiday weeks.

They allowed us to buy renewal vouchers in April for our APs that expire in September. We have a trip planned in January which may have been a factor in allowing us to renew early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter