AoA or Riviera to have lunch and look around?

staceychev

Mouseketeer
Hi all -

Mostly because I want to ride the Skyliner (we're staying at Swan), I am considering taking it to AoA or to Riviera to have lunch and walk around a bit. And thoughts on either of these for casual food and interesting things to look at? My daughters (16 and 11) are both artists, so I'm leaning towards AoA. But, I haven't been there - what is there to see?

Hi all -

Mostly because I want to ride the Skyliner (we're staying at Swan), I am considering taking it to AoA or to Riviera to have lunch and walk around a bit. And thoughts on either of these for casual food and interesting things to look at? My daughters (16 and 11) are both artists, so I'm leaning towards AoA. But, I haven't been there - what is there to see?
Either would be great. Don't just dismiss the Riv because of the art at AoA. The murals at the Riv are stunning. And to me Primo is the best quick serv of all the places we have stayed at. If you had time, taking the DVC tour of the grand villa they are showing at the Riv would let you see the art that is hanging in all the rooms. And there is art everywhere.

https://d23.com/riviera-art-gallery/

AoA is fun to walk around and see the themed sections, Riviera is beautiful and the Tangled and Peter Pan mosaics are great photo ops. I haven't been to either counter service but I hear the one at Riviera is very good. If you can get a late breakfast reservation at Topolino's, it is really wonderful and would definitely fill you up that you wouldn't need lunch.

I highly recommend Riviera for anyone interested in art. The resorts focus is on art in different styles. It’s a very classy place and the art reflects that. You can also order art pieces you see in the resort. An order kiosk is in the resort store, La Boutique.

Riviera for sure! So much gorgeous art there! And check out the Eventi Room, which is their version of a Community Hall. It's open 3-10pm right now, but they have some cool art projects and scavenger hunts there. The best one is painting your own animation cell! Also if you stop by the DVC desk in the lobby, they have an art-specific scavenger hunt that will lead you to all the best murals and art original to the resort. Food is WAY better at Riviera too.

AoA is good for some cute photo ops, but really created to appeal to younger kids. Food isn't great, it's the same as at every other Value food court right now. Nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter