AoA or ASMu suite (family of six with four teenagers)

twoplustwins

DIS Veteran
Looking to book for June. Advice on whether to stay at Art of Animation or All Star Music family suite? AoA is more expensive but the pool looks better and the skyliner would be available. ASMu looks refurbished, but I am concerned about the buses and the food court not having as many options. (maybe it's better now. I haven't been to that resort in a long time.)
We have four teenagers (two boys and two girls). We thought also about getting two rooms maybe at Pop Century.

For us it’s art of animation without a doubt. There’s just more space and it’s easier to hold six adults

I am a single mom with two college age daughters and we often travel with my college age niece as well. The AOA suites work well for us but we also bring a blow up air bed as neither the pull out sofa or the murphy sleep two *comfortably as they are closer to double size than queen. (*at least comfortably for my "kids" and since I am paying no way I am giving up my room!) If your teens are younger they may have no issues sharing!

The ASM suite has a queen bed in the bedroom, a pull out sofa (double) pull out chair (twin) and pull out ottoman (twin) so it gives us the sleeping surfaces we need but I found the set up awkward.

Both have the mini kitchen and two bathrooms but we like the set up of AOA much better because of the murphy bed converting to a larger table than offered in the ASM suite.

If you can swing 2 rooms with dedicated queens I think everyone would sleep better but if you need a mini kitchen and want a place to hang out when not in the parks it could be cramped. You can request adjoining rooms (nearby) or connecting (door between rooms inside) but neither is guaranteed.

The ASM suite has a queen bed in the bedroom, a pull out sofa (double) pull out chair (twin) and pull out ottoman (twin) so it gives us the sleeping surfaces we need but I found the set up awkward.
The ASMusic family suites have been renovated and no longer include the twins. It's now 2 queen murphy beds in the "living room" - 1 pulls down over the table and the other over the couch. Plus a queen in the bedroom.

OP - depending on ages and maturity level, I would consider 2 rooms at POP. They won't guarantee connecting but you can request it. That would give more beds.

The ASMusic family suites have been renovated and no longer include the twins. It's now 2 queen murphy beds in the "living room" - 1 pulls down over the table and the other over the couch. Plus a queen in the bedroom.

OP - depending on ages and maturity level, I would consider 2 rooms at POP. They won't guarantee connecting but you can request it. That would give more beds.

I had no idea - apologies for the misinformation and thanks for the update.

Anyone know if the "queen" murphy beds actually queens or the same bed as in the AOA Suites?

I would recommend the two rooms at Pop as you will get 4 beds as opposed to 3 in the AoA or ASMu suite - just know you can request connecting rooms, but it's not guaranteed.
Did this at movies and it worked great

We got upgraded to an AOA cars suite two years ago. Awesome accomodations. Going back in January and staying in Cars suite again so the kids can experience it. Mom and Dad get their own room with private bath :) . Kids get the rest. Pull out couch, murpy bed which doubles as a dining table and thier own bathroom (mirror and sink outside with shower and toilet inside, two people can be getting ready at same time). And with two bathrooms the girls can have one of them and you four can share the other:rotfl2:. It has the Skyliner which is, I think, something to try and the themeing is extraordinary. Standard food court which is fine for on the go and a quick snack. And of course nice pool bar!!!!

Just stayed in Nemo suites, I believe the pull down Murphy bed is a double. Couch is a queen, bedroom is a queen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter