AoA Little Mermaid Room Bedding

Kme1196

Earning My Ears
Hi- this is our first trip to DW! We’re staying in Art of Animations Little Mermaid Room (Dad, Mom, two girls 6 and 3). I’ve been watching reviews of the room in YouTube and it seems to lack blankets. Do we need to bring our own???

Any other tips are greatly appreciated!

All of the WDW resorts I stayed in last week (Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness cabin, POP! Century) had a blanket between two sheets...which in photos and videos tends to look like just a sheet!

Each room had an extra blanket in the closet, too.

We stayed in a Little Mermaid room on our first trip (as adults) with our cousin when she was 6 years old and we all loved it.

The blanket is tucked in between two sheets. I usually bring warmer pajamas for my kids when we go to Disney, even in the summer, as the AC tends to be chillier than we keep it at home.

Your girls are going to LOVE the Little Mermaid room. I took my 5 year old in January and it blew her mind from the moment we walked in. Her favorite part was the bathtub/shower that was designed to look like Ariel's grotto. The rooms are quite a hike from the main building and transportation, so if you don't have a double stroller, I recommend renting one from an offsite vendor like Kingdom Strollers or ScooterBug. Even your six year old will benefit from it for the trek to and from the Skyliner, buses, etc. Our room was as close to the Lion King section as possible, and I still felt like it was a long walk. I didn't have a stroller and ended up piggybacking my daughter several times during our quick, two-night stay. I wouldn't want to do that in spring or summer when it's warmer. Have such a great time!

All of the WDW resorts I stayed in last week (Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness cabin, POP! Century) had a blanket between two sheets...which in photos and videos tends to look like just a sheet!

Each room had an extra blanket in the closet, too.

We stayed in a Little Mermaid room on our first trip (as adults) with our cousin when she was 6 years old and we all loved it.
In August no extra blanket in closet at Pop.

In January no extra blanket in closet at Coronado Springs non-tower room

Had an extra blanket at Riviera in closet in August.

Deluxe hotels and higher end rooms at mods might be the only ones with extras right now?

In all cases I still had to call for more blankets because they are pretty thin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter