Anywhere to buy a portable charger in Magic Kingdom?

Wdw1015

DIS Veteran
I know there are fuel rods in the parks but does anyone know if any of the stores in Magic Kingdom sell a portable charger? I’m here now and mine died :scared1:

I feel like I’ve seen them around, maybe in the shop after Space Mountain. Do you have the Shop Disney Parks app? You could search in there it will show you on a map where it’s available.

Everywhere! I think I usually saw them in the shops near the ride exits - it's like a vending machine and you pay $30 for the charger but then you can swap it out for a fully charged one whenever you want to for free. They have them all over all the parks

Everywhere! I think I usually saw them in the shops near the ride exits - it's like a vending machine and you pay $30 for the charger but then you can swap it out for a fully charged one whenever you want to for free. They have them all over all the parks

These would be the Fuel Rods the OP mentioned and doesn’t appear interested in.

I know there are fuel rods in the parks but does anyone know if any of the stores in Magic Kingdom sell a portable charger? I’m here now and mine died :scared1:

I don’t know what they sell at WDW but every portable charger I’ve bought needed to be charged before use so that probably won’t help you anyways. I’d stick with a fuel rod if it’s an emergency

I would go with the fuel rod - u can take I home with u at the nd of the trip and have it for next time too

I'd honestly just get the FuelRod vs a standard portable charger.

If you really don't want the FuelRod though then I'd travel off property and go to a nearby Target or Walmart and get a portable charger there. You'll get a higher mAh for cheaper, even though it'll still be overpriced. Or if you have Amazon prime, grab a charger off there.

Why don't you want to get a fuel rod?

I wasn't impressed with the idea of them at first. They don't have a lot of power and I thought that I'd rather just carry a regular charger with me. But then I realized that if I was going to bring a regular charger, I was going to have to carry a bag because it wouldn't fit in my pocket, so I decided to give it a try.

The fuel rod actually worked out really well. It had enough power to get me through the day on most days and it was super easy and convenient to swap out when it didn't.

Another vote for Fuel Rod. We have a Fuel Rod, one “good” charger, and one old “good” charger that’s not long for this world. We find that at WDW we rely primarily on the FR.

Mk has 5 stations, EP has 3 stations, HS has 2 and AK has 1 according to the WDW website. How hard is it to get a charged fuel rod at EP, HS and AK since there are not as many exchange stations there?

We'll be there at end of July/ beginning of August if that makes a difference.

Mk has 5 stations, EP has 3 stations, HS has 2 and AK has 1 according to the WDW website. How hard is it to get a charged fuel rod at EP, HS and AK since there are not as many exchange stations there?
It's not hard. It takes about 30 seconds. I was behind one other person a couple of times, but there generally wasn't a line at all

Lol - I meant hard as in “are there usually charged rods available” hard. :P

My friend does a lot of video and loves the fuel rods. She always checks it before leaving the machine, a couple times she got duds.

We had a very good experience with the fuel rod last summer, using it to keep 5 phones charged, we were constantly swapping it out for a fresh one. Epcot, indeed there are fewer places to swap it out, but they are well placed. One is centrally located in Future World in the camera center next to Spaceship Earth, so no matter where you are in Future World, it will only take a minute or two if you need to go swap it out. The other two are in World Showcase. The first one is in Disney Traders, which is the gift shop to the Left as you are entering World Showcase from Future World. The third is in the World Traveler gift shop, by the International Gateway between France and the UK.

These two are spaced close enough together that if you are walking around World Showcase, by the time you run the charge off of one, you will be at the next location to swap it out again.

Animal Kingdom we found a bit more challenging, being that there is only one location there. It is centrally located in Island Mercantile, which makes it relatively easy to get to, however, it would be a lot easier if there were another location or two, perhaps somewhere in Asia, and in Pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter