Anyway to pay to get to book earlier?

Cruising.....we were a die hard WDW family before 1998. We would drive to WDW from NY twice a year, We got the kids up super early to make character breakfasts before park opening, hit every park, every ride, stood in the hot sun on lines for character meets, etc. Once we discovered DCL it all changed. While we all still love WDW, DCL is a much more relaxing way to get our Disney fix. So much less planning and logistics to deal with.

MJ

For me, parks... :rolleyes1

I've been to all six (California, Tokyo, Paris, WDW, Hong Kong, Shanghai in that order). I love cruising, its relaxing, but nothing is more addictive to me than planning out a trip, especially if it involves another country.
What’s your favourite besides Florida and California?

What’s your favourite besides Florida and California?

Tokyo, hands down. The park is immaculate and orderly, the rides are in excellent working order, prices are reasonable (onsite hotels are fairly expensive however), souvenirs are very unique and Disney Sea is unlike any other park. Japanese hospitality and service industry is a step above anywhere else I've traveled as well. https://gogonihon.com/en/blog/japanese-hospitality-a-look-into-omotenashi/

Full disclosure I do speak some Japanese, which made me wonder if it allowed me an easier time getting around and enjoying rides which are not in English. My travel companions don't speak a word either though and agree, and a lot of people on the boards concur it is their favorite also. I think it's a fairly popular opinion. :)

Tokyo, hands down. The park is immaculate and orderly, the rides are in excellent working order, prices are reasonable (onsite hotels are fairly expensive however), souvenirs are very unique and Disney Sea is unlike any other park. Japanese hospitality and service industry is a step above anywhere else I've traveled as well. https://gogonihon.com/en/blog/japanese-hospitality-a-look-into-omotenashi/

Full disclosure I do speak some Japanese, which made me wonder if it allowed me an easier time getting around and enjoying rides which are not in English. My travel companions don't speak a word either though and agree, and a lot of people on the boards concur it is their favorite also. I think it's a fairly popular opinion. :)

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I would love to travel to Japan anyway and doing Disney there would be amazing! I wouldn’t mind if the rides weren’t in English. Is signage throughout the park in English? I’m up for an adventure at any rate. Guess I’ll be looking in to that. Did you stay onsite? Is that the best option in your opinion? Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I would love to travel to Japan anyway and doing Disney there would be amazing! I wouldn’t mind if the rides weren’t in English. Is signage throughout the park in English? I’m up for an adventure at any rate. Guess I’ll be looking in to that. Did you stay onsite? Is that the best option in your opinion? Thanks again!

Yes, English is on all signage at the parks (and signs in most tourist spots in Japan too, most restaurants have English menus until you get out of the cities and into more rural areas). Even street signs use the same phonetic alphabet so you can read it if you don't know the kanji.

C1_2.jpg

Trains give announcements in Japanese and English for the stops, though the manual informational announcements may not be in English. I just asked my husband again and he concurred the only time not speaking Japanese was a problem was on the trains. Students take compulsory English in school, so the younger generation especially tends to speak English and I have had students and CMs practice their English with me while we were in line. My trip in 2005 was WAY harder then it has been in the last few years - English has really sprouted up everywhere now.

I don't want to take us too far off track here (well.. further), but I've done both and had great trips. Our Tokyo board is kind of hidden under the "other lands" option: https://www.disboards.com/forums/tokyo-disneyland.178/ Stop by there and I'm sure several people will be able to chime in also, even if you aren't planning a trip immediately (it's not like anyone can right now...). Or you can always DM me too if you want specifics...!

OK back to our regularly scheduled cruise program..! :)

Yes, English is on all signage at the parks (and signs in most tourist spots in Japan too, most restaurants have English menus until you get out of the cities and into more rural areas). Even street signs use the same phonetic alphabet so you can read it if you don't know the kanji.

View attachment 533096

Trains give announcements in Japanese and English for the stops, though the manual informational announcements may not be in English. I just asked my husband again and he concurred the only time not speaking Japanese was a problem was on the trains. Students take compulsory English in school, so the younger generation especially tends to speak English and I have had students and CMs practice their English with me while we were in line. My trip in 2005 was WAY harder then it has been in the last few years - English has really sprouted up everywhere now.

I don't want to take us too far off track here (well.. further), but I've done both and had great trips. Our Tokyo board is kind of hidden under the "other lands" option: https://www.disboards.com/forums/tokyo-disneyland.178/ Stop by there and I'm sure several people will be able to chime in also, even if you aren't planning a trip immediately (it's not like anyone can right now...). Or you can always DM me too if you want specifics...!

OK back to our regularly scheduled cruise program..! :)

Thank you very much. I will check the other forum. Sorry for the off topic post!

How did I not know that these existed? Don't get me wrong, I'll never be able to afford one, but they are very nice. Thank you for the link!

Funny story about Golden Oaks
I knew they existed and are were out of our league, I mean backyards that have firework views nightly, just imagine. They are mansions.
So a few months ago we get an email about a new phase at Golden Oaks available square footage starting at 1,800, I think wow maybe they made a poor mans version.
I pop open the email, available homes from 2 million.... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So I am assuming this is a no but I want to make sure, I did not realize till yesterday the platinum, gold, and sliver all get to book their cruise sooner than us, I knew they get to book activities and things like that before us but not booking the actually cruise first and now I am reading that for popular itineraries they can book up before it would even open to us new people. So just wondering is there in way to pay in to book earlier or maybe working through certain travel agents who can book sooner than us or anything like that... thanks for the help.

Once you sail once, you are a silver member of the Castaway Club. So after you get the first booking done, you increase your odds. Personal experience, I have been able to get the sailings and activities I wanted on each of our cruises thus far. First sailing was 4 nights and we honestly didn't try to do anything extras. Second weeklong trip got what we wanted with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter