• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything special for Mickeys 75th birthday at the parks

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
For all of you that have recently been to WDW, are they doing anything special for Mickey's 75th birthday? Are the parks decorated and are there souvenier merchandise to celebrate the birthday? How are these compared to 25th anniversary and Walts 100th birthday?

Please let me know -- Thanks!!!:wave:

P.S. I do know about the statues, they will be gone when we go in Sept. but they are luckily coming to Chicago in May:)

They did have the "75 Years of Mickey" statues which were yanked early to go to the stockholders meeting. Other than that there is not really anything special.

Mickey's birthday is over. He will be 76 this November. We were there in January and there was nothing special.....just the statues which ae gone now,

Nothing we could find last week!!!

We were hoping to see the statues before they went on the road but they were yanked for the stockholders :(

If they're not doing anything special for Mickey's 75th - does anyone know what the current "celebration" is?

I remember in 2002 - it was "Ears to You," 2000 - "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand," etc.

Anyone out there know what the 2004 "saying" is?

TIA! :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I don't know if it is still there or not, but there was some merchandise in the stores that was themed towards Mickey's 75th birthday. It wasn't a lot, but there were some shirts, bags and hats. BTW, we were there in December 2003 when we saw this.

Originally posted by arizonacolbys
If they're not doing anything special for Mickey's 75th - does anyone know what the current "celebration" is?

The theme currently is Magical Gatherings. There is another thread about this if you want to know more.

Ali

Reading this information on how Disney isn't doing much for Mickey's b-day really bums me out:( . I was really looking forward to seeing the parks done-up in a special way such as banners, merchandise and etc as they have been in the past w/ other special occasions.

The first year we took DD#1 was during the millenium celebration and I bought a bunch of merchandise and framed it w/ our photos to make a special memory (I also did this when my husband and I went for the 25th Anniversary celebration). I was really wanting to do the same w/ Mickey's b-day because this is DD#2's first time going and I wanted to make a special frame for this time also. How sad!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh well....I will think of something - but it's not going to be magical gatherings - we aren't going w/ grandparents or friends - just the 4 of us.

Thanks for writing in and answering my thread, now I know what to expect.:wave: :wave2: :wave:

I certainly remember Mickey's 60th..........and the daily celebrations were just "WONDERFUL" !!

Gee...wonder if that T shirt still fits...

"Disney Magic" reigned!! Guess the Disney $$ reignes now..

:earseek:

shame..shame...shame...:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

I remember hearing something last year that they will no longer be celebrating characters getting older. They don't want people to think of Mickey or others as "OLD". The statues were cool though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter