Anything for Halloween at DL?

kangaroodle

DVC Member
A friend of mine will be visiting DL on Halloween. Are there any special parties or things going on like at WDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :mickeybar

Years ago, they did a type of MNSSHP, but it only lasted two years... (and that was a fun two years).

Knott's Berry Farm has the corner on scary halloween in the area. I'm not sure why Disney decided to pull the plug on theirs. I had a lot of fun working those nights.

Now, the only thing really done is Mansion is transformed into Nightmare Before Christmas for the season...but that lasts all the way through January.

Thanks I was wondering the same thing about the halloween party. Do they have christmas parties/parades etc..?

Do they have a Night of Joy?

In 2002 & 2003, DL did a special screening of Nightmare before Christmas on 10/30. It costs something like $50.00 pp and started at 9:00PM. Attendance was limited. After the movie we got to ride HM and do "trick or treating" down main street. Incredible time for our family!!! They didn't have this in 2004, possibly because of getting ready for the 50th. We sure wish they'd bring it back.

We also attended the special "trick or treat" events they had 5/6 yrs ago. I sure hope they do something like either of these events in the future.

No Night of Joy...used to, but stopped. SFMM has Hallelujah Jubliee (if you're crazy enough to brave MM) and Knotts has Praise! 200X (New Years Eve).

There is a Christmas Parade, however, rumors are that it will be in DCA this year so it doesn't compete against POD. And the only Christmas parties are for CM's.

However, that being said, Christmas at Disneyland is magical to say the least. Small World, Haunted Mansion Holiday, New Orleans Square, Main Street...all decorated to the hilt. Snow on after fireworks (if they do it this year)...it's magical and definitely a time not to miss if at all possible.

I know the HHM will be up and running. Will the park be in "Holiday" mode (Christmas) at that time as well? Also is the Mysteries, Myths and Legends tour being offered this year? If so, what is the time frame for it's availability? ::MickeyMo

Just bumping this up as I can't seem to locate any response to a similiar post I made on this subject.

Anyone know anything about this tour? Thanks!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter