Anyone's children done the pirate cruise lately?

TNMomof3

Trying to earn my PhDVC!
We have looked into the Pirate Cruise for our kids ages 6 and 8. I printed off the description on the DIS homepage and they were really excited to hear that Goofy and Max show up to help them search for treasure. I went back to that description today and it has been updated and now says nothing about Goofy and Max.:( Has anyone done this recently? What can you report? It still sounds like great fun, but the characters were the part they seemed most excited about. Thanks

don't worry, your'e kids will enjoy it even without disney characters. well i did and i'm a teenager!! there are animated characters and is very loud and dark!:cool:

smiler!!!:D

7DS did this in early Jan and had mixed reaction. Maybe I had read too much here about how great it was, and so had hyped it too much to him, I'm not sure. His day was very cold and blustery, and the two gals in their 20s who were running it didn't seem as "peppy" as castmembers usually are. DS complained that one little girl had been on it just the week before and knew all the clues, so that sort of spoiled it for the rest of them (shouldn't the CM have been able to distract her from ruining the magic for the rest?). It does, also, take up quite a chunk of time (altho the last 1/2 hour was just spent in the childcare room, so many parents took their kids out early). He and I are both glad he did it once, but he probably won't do it again when we go this summer.
Terri the yoopermom
PS no characters, either...

yoopermom
What do you mean about the kids being in the kids club the last 1/2 hour? Ours were on the boats from 10 to 12.

Maybe because of the cold day, they cut it short?

My kids (ages 4 & 6) went on the cruise last Summer and there were no characters. A storm came up while they were on the boat and they ended up stopping at (I believe it was) Fort Wilderness and taking them inside where they played till the storm passed. They were out an extra hour because of it. Really did take a chunk out of our day. They had fun, but probably wouldn't do it again either.

are parents allowed? How does everyone feel about dropping their kids off? Mine will be 5 and 7 is this too young? Or the right age?

My 5 and 7 year old did this last spring and they really enjoyed it. They still talk about it and want to do it again! Captain Drew was fantastic and all the crew members were so good with the kids. There were not any characters, though, I didn't know that there ever were any.

The kids all looked so cute with the red bandanas and they were singing yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me as they took off. At the end of the cruise they had bags full of treasure and Captain Drew gave every child a free pass to River Country which I hadn't heard of before so I don't know if they do this every time or not. The passes were good for several years if I remember right, the expiration date was something like 2012!

Based on my kids experience, I would definitely recommend the pirate cruise. My husband and I had a couple of hours to ourselves and the kids had a blast, it was a great experience for everybody!

I was surprised, too, that they came back early. I had wanted to take pictures of them pulling in to shore, and we just happened to stop back 1/2 hour early, and they were already off and walking to (can't remember the name...) the kids club. Now that you mention it, I wouldn't doubt that maybe it was due to the weather, the CMs hustled through it a little faster. I know many, many kids really enjoy this, so I would reccomend it, just on a nicer day!
Terri the Yoopermom

My 3 yr old is dying to wear her pirate costume on the cruise. Will that be a problem? Also, the kids are doing wonderland tea party right after the cruise so my hubbie and I have to hang out at the GF for half the day. Will we have a problem with the parking? I hear they're only giving out 3 hr passes.

I don't think you will have a problem with either of those thinks. Just let them know that you are there for 2 events and will be more than 3 hours. Have you ps #'s with you in case they want to check it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter