• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone with HOTHS experience over Halloween?

Calantha

DIS Veteran
So, we are doing the Fantasy over Halloween. From what I can tell, looking at the Navigators, usually there is a Pirate Night as usual on Day 4 and a HOTHS night some other night. Halloween is the night of Pirate Night (Day 4) this year...so is it more likely they would move Pirate night or HOTHS celebrations? I know it doesn't really matter - we're going to have HOTHS costumes and Pirate costumes (etc.), but I was just planning, because that's what I do.

So, we are doing the Fantasy over Halloween. From what I can tell, looking at the Navigators, usually there is a Pirate Night as usual on Day 4 and a HOTHS night some other night. Halloween is the night of Pirate Night (Day 4) this year...so is it more likely they would move Pirate night or HOTHS celebrations? I know it doesn't really matter - we're going to have HOTHS costumes and Pirate costumes (etc.), but I was just planning, because that's what I do.
I was on the NY to San Juan repositioning cruise last fall, which departed on October 31. That very first day and night became Halloween. They had all of the Halloween-themed treats at Cabanas, they encourages us to wear costumes, and they showed Hocus Pocus 2 in the theater that night. And then Halloween was over. They still left the decorations up, but that was it.

So, they'll probably do Halloween on Halloween and move pirate night to another night, if they can. They might not be able to, though, because there are limitations on where they can shoot off the fireworks.

they'll probably do Halloween on Halloween and move pirate night to another night, if they can. They might not be able to, though, because there are limitations on where they can shoot off the fireworks.
So, I just did activities check in, and yes, Pirate night is the third night instead of 4th - so Halloween is Halloween. I'm trying to imagine now though, what the rotation might be?

1231233? 1223123?

I was on the NY to San Juan repositioning cruise last fall, which departed on October 31. That very first day and night became Halloween. They had all of the Halloween-themed treats at Cabanas, they encourages us to wear costumes, and they showed Hocus Pocus 2 in the theater that night. And then Halloween was over. They still left the decorations up, but that was it.

So, they'll probably do Halloween on Halloween and move pirate night to another night, if they can. They might not be able to, though, because there are limitations on where they can shoot off the fireworks.
Yupp. We were on that one.

They squeeze it in, and then put the decorations away . . . because after Dia de los Muertos, and a bonus showing of "Coco," November 3rd is Christmastime!

We were on the fantasy last Halloween. Halloween celebration was on actual Halloween!

Will there be a special night and menu even the cruise isn't actually on Halloween? Obvoiusly this assumes it's still a halloween on the high seas cruise.

Piggybacking.

Anyone know of a thread with info on what adults wore on night Halloween was celebrated?

🎃

Piggybacking.

Anyone know of a thread with info on what adults wore on night Halloween was celebrated?

🎃
Are you asking if it fell on semi-formal night or if people wear costumes?

For what it's worth, we're planning a series of costumes (3 adults, 1 child (age (8)):
1920s for formal night
hippies for Halloween
pirates of course for pirate night
and we're tossing around medieval for semi-formal (but that's not officially decided yet)

Are you asking if it fell on semi-formal night or if people wear costumes?

For what it's worth, we're planning a series of costumes (3 adults, 1 child (age (8)):
1920s for formal night
hippies for Halloween
pirates of course for pirate night
and we're tossing around medieval for semi-formal (but that's not officially decided yet)

Yikes. We’re on a six night out of NYC. Didn’t think there’s a semi formal night. Not our favorite. Just meant whatever night they celebrate Halloween on the High Seas.

Piggybacking.

🎃
An overall view of Halloween on Disney cruise, “Our Guide to Disney Cruise Line's Halloween Themed Sailings” from Cruise Critic:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/our-guide-to-disney-cruise-lines-halloween-themed-sailings#

Cruisers love to dress up for Pirate Night. Disney fans love to dress up for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween at the parks. If you love dress up, this is your chance to do so without judgment. You won’t be alone. But be aware, there will be people who don’t dress up.

Adults are encouraged to dress in costume on Halloween night.

An overall view of Halloween on Disney cruise, “Our Guide to Disney Cruise Line's Halloween Themed Sailings” from Cruise Critic:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/our-guide-to-disney-cruise-lines-halloween-themed-sailings#

Cruisers love to dress up for Pirate Night. Disney fans love to dress up for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween at the parks. If you love dress up, this is your chance to do so without judgment. You won’t be alone. But be aware, there will be people who don’t dress up.

Thanks. I’m not saying we’re looking forward to dressing up, but once the night comes I’m sure we’ll want to feel part of the festivities.

Last September we went to Aulani and then did the Pride of America cruise. We didn’t realize there was a formal night until we went to dinner and everyone else was dressed up. Still not sure how we missed “the memo”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter