Anyone with 40' plus fifth wheels?

Napria

It really *is* the Happiest Place!
We're getting closer to making a decision on our next fifth wheel, but everything we're seriously considering is up near 40'. Just wondering if anyone with that size or above has had any problems getting into their site at the Fort?

I would love to know the same thing. We have a close to 40 foot travel trailer and have issues getting into some recent campgrounds we have visited. I'm thinking a big rig site will be needed at Fort for our next trip.

Most Premium sites can accommodate a 40 footer. Preferred site will be a challenge to get in and out of, we struggled with a 38 foot TT, but made it out.

We stay in Premium sites when at the Fort. We just always had a 33' fifth wheel and I couldn't remember how much extra space there was.

Wow! 40' is long for a TT! With a fifth wheel a few feet go over the bed of the truck, effectively reducing the total length when towing. But I guess when unhitched 40' is 40' regardless.

We have a 44 ft toy hauler. Like others have said, most premium sites will be fine. I like staying in loop 100, but there is now way I'd try to drive the toy hauler around the loop, much less try backing into a site. All the preferred sites are pretty tight for a 40 footer. We take the bunk house for nearly all our Fort trips. It's only 30 ft and fits into the 100 loop just right.

j

We have a 39' 5th wheel and never had a problem in any site we were given, I will say that your backing skills can sometime get tested, I drove tractor trailers for almost 30 years so that has really helped my me, good luck and just take your time.

My 5th wheel is pretty much 40', 39'10". Not all sites on our loop of choice would work, but I was able to find a site I could get into without major issue.

We have a 2013 41foot Sanibel. Have had other 40 foot plus fivers. We typically stay in the 1100, 800, and1400 loop. They are all doable, and sometimes the challenger is your across the site neighbor with parking on the edge of their site(a). All have been wonderful in moving their vehicles, if around. For two years, it was myself, and two daughters and children, driving down from Wisconsin. Hey, if we farm women can do it, anybody can.

We have a 39' 5th wheel and never had a problem in any site we were given, I will say that your backing skills can sometime get tested, I drove tractor trailers for almost 30 years so that has really helped my me, good luck and just take your time.

A lot of the time it's not the driver's skills that are at play as much as vehicles parked too close to the road (or into the road space). Of course, it seems like the times that has happened to us the 'owner' is no where around! :rolleyes1
We have a 34'MH and have that problem sometimes and dh has a time just avoiding other's vehicles + posts/trash recepticles, etc. :)

We always stay in loop 100 and so far have been able to maneuver around the obstacles! ;)

A lot of the time it's not the driver's skills that are at play as much as vehicles parked too close to the road (or into the road space). Of course, it seems like the times that has happened to us the 'owner' is no where around! :rolleyes1
We have a 34'MH and have that problem sometimes and dh has a time just avoiding other's vehicles + posts/trash recepticles, etc. :)

We always stay in loop 100 and so far have been able to maneuver around the obstacles! ;)

Yes I would agree with you on the folks who do not think of how or where they are parked, that is why I made sure either the wife or kids learned how and what to watch for when we back in.

I agree on the parking. I managed to squeeze myself into my site on the 300 loop. When all was done I tried to get my truck tucked away but it just was not going to happen and leave room for others passing. So I decided since I had the golf cart anyway, I just moved the truck to overflow parking. It was great as now I had LOTS of space in the site. I will probably start doing that more in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter