Anyone Who Can Give Advice About the 1500 Loop??

clovermeg

Earning My Ears
So our adventure at the Fort begins in MERE days!!! We are tent camping and would prefer the 1500 Loop. Can you give me any suggestion on which site is the best, as far as rain? By that I mean, it won't "pool" under the tent or become "too" wet...maybe a site that's raised a little more than the others, or slightly sloped :lmao: (I don't know why that makes me laugh, but it does)??

I know many have suggested stating in a request to Disney what I'm looking for in a site and not to request specific sites, but ideally I would like to do both...list my top 3 sites and my reasons for those sites. Y'all are great! :goodvibes

Meg

I can't help with any specifics about loop 1500 but you might check out the thread started today by "Proudmomof4". She has a trip report going and apparently was in the 1500 loop. Happy planning!:cool1:

It can't hurt to ask for a specific site.

We stayed in an outside site last November: 1513 which backed up to the canal. I was envious of the one next to us: 1511 which was also outside but it was big, spacious, gently sloped, and shaded. There is also a gate off the road to the canal berm between 1511 and 1513 (actually part of 1511 which makes it feel very spacious and open). The sites past us (1515 and higher) on the outside have raised pads but the area around them are low. These are the sites that back into the short canal that comes in by the FW pool.

So if there is one site to ask for in 1500 to me it would be 1511. pirate:

Bama ED

If the loop is not too busy (or sold out); you can ask them at check-in if they'll let you look first and choose a site. Sometimes they say yes and sometimes no.

I know a bit about the 1500 loop.

I have camped on that loop 5 times in the past two years.

I don't think there are drainage problems on any of the sites on 1500 (or 2000 for that matter). The sand pads allow water to pass through quickly, and I have only seen water pool during heavy, heavy rains.

I still say you are better off just asking for the 1500 loop, and not asking for specific sites.

Good luck and have fun!

TCD

We (and in-laws) stayed in 1514 and 1516 while we were there in December. It rained all but one day we were there...and we had no problems with standing water on the sites. Tracking in all that sand/shell stuff was another matter though!! Have a great trip!

we were just camping with our pop up from april 9th-12th. i called and requested the 1500 loop b/c i knew it was closer to the pool than 2000. well.. when we got there, 1500 was full and so we were put in 2000. i wouldn't get your heart set on being in 1500, it would stink to start of your vaca disappointed!
that being said.. my husband and i actually prefer the 2000 loop.. the sites seem a little bigger and the last one we had (2024) was AMAZING! since we weren't walking distance from the pool or marina we sprung for the golf cart and it make all the difference! what a fun way to get around the fort. the kids really enjoyed themselves too!
we're heading back up on may 7 and i'm keeping my fingers crossed again for that very same site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter