Anyone Watch So You Think You Can Dance?

Think I saw the previews but not watched this year's show thus far. Seems like too many copycat shows with signing/dancing competitions.

I've watched all since season one, episode one. I watched first ep of this season so far and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the judging panel. I knew Comfort would not disappoint. I was uncertain about Allison and Maks, although both seemed to offer up some decent constructive criticism -- which should be the main job of these panels IMO.

My main quibbles were the obvious producer manipulation, seeing very little actual auditions, and leaning too much into the World of Dance production style -- and not truly allowing the trained dancers we're told are judging the actual freedom to do exactly that. Knowing there will be no Twitch is a big obstacle for me to personally get over, and it hangs over my viewing. I think it is a big factor in my only tuning in for a few minutes of episode two thus far.

Used to be a huge fan of this show but have lost interest over the years as things about it keep changing. I actually miss Nigel and Mary, and definitely some of the original choreographers. A lot of the newer pieces just don't seem to "hit" me on an emotional level as many of the older ones did. And by emotional I don't mean just the sad and moving ones, but even the "fun" ones seem less fun to me. I dunno, maybe it's just me getting old, LOL.

That being said, I will still probably watch the new season but I haven't started it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter