Anyone want to split a tent site in Oct or Dec?

jboote76

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be tent camping at FW Oct 21 & 22, and Dec 2 & 3, and we'd like to share the site with maybe another couple. The prices are up in October so it'd be a great way to save a few bucks. We will really only be at the site to sleep and don't have much gear beyond our small tent, so it shouldn't be much of an inconvenience. If anyone wants to do this, let me know and we can work out the details.

Thanks!

John:wizard:

this may be why you've not gotten replies.... I can only speak for myself though.... but I would never consider sharing a site with another tent occupied by people other than those on vacation with us. I think most people consider the site their space and setup "home" ... etc. It would be awkward having to be aware of a complete stranger's tent on the site and working and stepping around that. The sites aren't really all that large once people set up tents and awning and personal gear... so adding that dynamic may create a bit of stress not wanted on vacation.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, I don't mean it to be at all. Just trying to give one point of view of why others may not have responded...

Is there a reason why you don't want your own site?

this may be why you've not gotten replies.... I can only speak for myself though.... but I would never consider sharing a site with another tent occupied by people other than those on vacation with us. I think most people consider the site their space and setup "home" ... etc. It would be awkward having to be aware of a complete stranger's tent on the site and working and stepping around that. The sites aren't really all that large once people set up tents and awning and personal gear... so adding that dynamic may create a bit of stress not wanted on vacation.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, I don't mean it to be at all. Just trying to give one point of view of why others may not have responded...

Is there a reason why you don't want your own site?

I have to agree with this statement. Plus Disney's rules state that you are only to have one vehicle per campsite, so whose vehicle would it be?

John,

Another possible reason for the lack of response is an (in)famous thread we had a few years ago where a woman asked to share someone's site just for an afternoon so she could do a picnic bbq with her kids. She was pushy, rude, demanding, and tone deaf to the replies she got as a result.

You don't seem to be any of those things but a Partial site for tents isn't expensive so I think you will be fine going solo.

Bama ED

John,

Another possible reason for the lack of response is an (in)famous thread we had a few years ago where a woman asked to share someone's site just for an afternoon so she could do a picnic bbq with her kids. She was pushy, rude, demanding, and tone deaf to the replies she got as a result.

You don't seem to be any of those things but a Partial site for tents isn't expensive so I think you will be fine going solo.

Bama ED

I remember that thread. She was a piece of work.

I remember that thread. She was a piece of work.

Me too! That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title here. Ahh, that was, um...entertaining I guess is the word!

OP, you guys sound like the folks who stayed next to us in February... 2 small individual tents, no cooking on the site, never around other than to sleep and shower. We honestly thought we had one of those scenarios where people get a site for resort benefits and don't actually stay there, but then we finally saw them about 4 days into our trip. You guys would do well sharing a site with folks with a similar style, but what if you ended up sharing with folds who spread out and bring everything but the kitchen sink and are loud all night or something?

I remember that too, that lady was definitely "out there". Wonder if she ever found anybody to share a site with??? Doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter