Anyone used the special requests page lately?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to access the special requests page via my reservation for several days now and all I get is:

We're Working on It
This page is temporarily unavailable. Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later.

Anybody had any luck using this lately?

I know they completely rearranged the layout in the app for special requests in the last few weeks. Maybe they are also doing the change on the website? Have you tried accessing the special requests in the app?

Unfortunately the only special requests available in the app are related to special diets, birthday/honeymoon, or accomodations for kids. Mine is something else. But thanks for the suggestion!

I used it yesterday and noticed they added a section for dining requests to be seated close to entertainment, a screen, quiet spot, etc.

I used it yesterday and noticed they added a section for dining requests to be seated close to entertainment, a screen, quiet spot, etc.

Thank you for mentioning this!
I'm sure 'private table' will be a very popular request, so I chose a quieter spot.

I've been trying to access the special requests page via my reservation for several days now and all I get is:

We're Working on It
This page is temporarily unavailable. Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later.

Anybody had any luck using this lately?
Worked for me on my phone using the website

I was in the app no issue - except that I was trying to uncheck something and it wouldn't uncheck. But I did get in.

Thanks for mentioning this. The app on my Android phone doesn't have this update, but going thru the website did. I had already emailed about a private table, but I just selected it on the website as well since it's a new option. I noticed they updated the celebrations as well--some new options including graduation which I needed for my last cruise! (I had emailed DCL to have it noted on my reservation as both my kids graduated in 2022, and they did get little celebration desserts one night at dinner as well as a song.)

Thank you so much for this ! My girls are really hoping to talk to Crush so I was able to make the request to be near a screen. Fingers crossed

I'm so confused!

Where are you seeing all of these options for celebrations and seating? I still can't get the special requests page to come up on my computer. Tried both Chrome and another browser. I get it on the app on my phone but the only options I see are dietary requests (vegan, vegetarian, etc), child stuff (high chair, crib, booster seat), and celebrations (birthday, honeymoon, anniversary but it's grayed out).

Just reinstalled the app but that didn't change anything.

I'm so confused!

Where are you seeing all of these options for celebrations and seating? I still can't get the special requests page to come up on my computer. Tried both Chrome and another browser. I get it on the app on my phone but the only options I see are dietary requests (vegan, vegetarian, etc), child stuff (high chair, crib, booster seat), and celebrations (birthday, honeymoon, anniversary but it's grayed out).

Just reinstalled the app but that didn't change anything.
I found it on the website. It wasn’t available on the app for me.

I just did it on the website, too. Under "Cruise Details". There are 6 boxes
Your Stateroom - Dining - Vacation Protection Plan - Transportion

Then two boxes under those:
Pre-Paid Gratuities - SPECIAL REQUESTS

I'm still getting the "We're working on it..." error message (same as OP) when I try to access the Special Requests section. Am I the only one? Any tips/tricks to try? I have tried accessing via Incognito browser on my PC, as well as the browser on my phone....same result. :(

Unless you want to try Duck Duck Go

https://duckduckgo.com/

Or use the computer of a trusted friend . . the only thing I can think of is MAYBE you can only do the Special Request options at certain time in your reservations. I mean, maybe it will only be active after you have Paid in Full? Or are 30 days out from your cruise??? To have it active a year out might just not be something their IT can handle???

Are you Paid in Full? When is your cruise? The people who have made it work - were you PIF? I was, and my cruise is within the next 30 days. FWIW.

(And I agree that the error message is deceptive or misleading. I was unable to find a "Check In" link until my computer actually turned to the date that was 30 days ahead . . no explanation was offered by my computer, even when I almost took a hammer to it!)

So aggravating! I'm PIF and my cruise leaves in 9 days and it still doesn't work :mad:

I keep trying but both the app and website won’t let me see the special request section, it’s always being worked on. Any ideas why?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter