• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used the Free Memory Maker yet?

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if we have anyone who has been and used the Free Memory Maker that is bundled with the 2016 Ultimate Tickets?

I know it doesn't show as you having a linked Memory Maker (unlike when I bought it stand-alone for our last trip) but does appear in the details of the tickets, and I wondered if it worked OK or if you've had any problems? (Especially interested if you used Memory Maker before they bundled it and can let us know of any difference in how it is used/activated/redeemed/whatever!)

Anyone got any experience with it yet? :)

Thanks @Jon84 :)

BTW, I just followed you last night on instagram when I saw your handle. Love all the Disney stuff you've posted! :)

We are going in April and apparently have the free memory maker although I've not got the foggiest about how you redeem it type thing.

I wonder if you'll get a voucher when you pay in full or when you get your 'Mickey Mail'. If I remember correctly when I bought it last year I got a voucher in the post with a number on, that I then used to link to MDE. You get a voucher for the 'free' Disney Gift Card.

I paid in full a few weeks ago. We haven't had anything but it's showing in my Disney experience so I'm hoping it just links with my magic band!

Yep I had this when I traveled in January. Before I went it wasn't showing as linked on the app/website, but as you say was listed against my tickets. When I got there, and used for the first time, all photos appeared no problem. Didn't have to activate or link anything.

Yep I had this when I traveled in January. Before I went it wasn't showing as linked on the app/website, but as you say was listed against my tickets. When I got there, and used for the first time, all photos appeared no problem. Didn't have to activate or link anything.
thanks for that info, fingers crossed it works for us!

Just wondering if we have anyone who has been and used the Free Memory Maker that is bundled with the 2016 Ultimate Tickets?

I know it doesn't show as you having a linked Memory Maker (unlike when I bought it stand-alone for our last trip) but does appear in the details of the tickets, and I wondered if it worked OK or if you've had any problems? (Especially interested if you used Memory Maker before they bundled it and can let us know of any difference in how it is used/activated/redeemed/whatever!)

Anyone got any experience with it yet? :)

Hi,

We arrived home on Tuesday, the Memory Maker was already linked to our magic bands when we arrived at Disney. Once you have a photo taken if you are using the My Disney Experience app you can see the pictures almost immediately, it's great!

This was so much help, thanks everyone! It's my first time going with a package deal and I'm super-organised, so was starting to get worried about nothing showing up :D

I've never used memory makes but have it free this year - how does it work? when you say the "pictures just appeared" - where?!

Can't remember exact wording, but on your My Disney Experience account it'll have a heading like ' My Pictures'. Photographers in the park scan your Magic Band to add to your 'account'.

Oooh, just realised that the free Memory Maker will also be on 2017 tickets! YAY! Planning on taking my mum for her first visit and it would be great to get the photos from that too! :D

The memory maker was definitely worth it when we went in 2014, and we were more than willing to pay when we come back this year! So the fact it was free is such a bonus for us! Means more dollars when we're there! Lol

The memory maker was definitely worth it when we went in 2014, and we were more than willing to pay when we come back this year! So the fact it was free is such a bonus for us! Means more dollars when we're there! Lol

We were the same! It was in the budget... Then it was free! Whoo hoo!

Ours has popped up on mde reservations although it wasn't right away when we linked our park passes, I assume it'll work as it did the last time we paid from our magic bands

We bought the memory maker when we went in 2014 and it was fabulous. Got so many incredible pictures especially as it was only me and my DW so were able to get pics with the 2 of us for a change. Just have fun with it. Get picutres taken whenever you see a photopass photographer. Hope it still free when we book our 2017 trip but is its not i would still buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter