Anyone used a sitter at resort?

admepo

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anyone used a resort room sitter for their special needs child? Who did you use? How were they, etc??? I am going to WDW in July with our family of 5 including three DS's age 11 months, 3 yrs, and 6 yrs along with my 23 yr old sister and 19 year old cousin. My DH and I may want to head out one night with my sister and cousin for an adults dinner or something. DS age 3 is my special needs child short of a diagnosis of autism. We have never used anyone but family to care for him for obvious reasons. I have read other boards with raves about a few sitting companies but am concerned how they would handle Jacob. Has anyone done this??? Would LOVE any comments or suggestions. If we did do this, a BIG if, it would only be for about two-three hours. Ideas????

Melanie

I called Kids Nite Out (the disney approved service for on-site sitting) and watching my 2 year old who is diabetic and on insulin. From what I could gather they would not give shots - which we would only need in an emergency - not sure if they would give emergency shots like glucagon or epi-pen....but you probably don't need that. But they said they might be able to send a sitter who was diabetic (although type 2 - very different) but she would know how to test his blood sugar and could do that if needed. (We still aren't sure we'd leave him with a sitter because sometimes his evenings aren't that stable and he can go low before bedtime. Have to see how he is

Check their website and give them a call on the 800 number and ask questions. I'm sure they've encountered everything! Would the other children also stay with the sitter? I don't know what your child's needs are but perhaps being there with other family members to play with will also make him more comfortable.

I believe they will rent you a pager so the sitter can contact you if you need to return. Seems like the worst that could happen is that you might have to cut your evening out short (and be out some sitter money) if it didn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter