Anyone used a charity group to get into race?

pixxi

Mouseketeer
I was looking doing it for the April race for me and my husband. Just wanted any feed back you could offer.
Thanks

I run with Team Lemon of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, which is a charity to fight pediatric and childhood cancers (raise money for support, research, and to help the kids and their families). There are tons of benefits to running with a charity- discounted park tickets, a charity gathering at a park (usually a dinner together), free information and materials for fundraising (including a shirt) and for running- you get a nutrition advisor, a race coach, and links to training schedules. Feel free to message me if you want more info! Personally, it's given me a great deal of motivation to run!

I have a friend who has done Homes for Our Troops with Disney and spoke very highly of it and said it would be her goto in the future. She also ran with a different charity for another rD race but I can't recall which one. It really depends on the charity what you get with it. Some just expect you to raise money and may give you a t-shirt in return while others, @weCANfly mentioned give you a lot more support. You should look around and see which ones you feel you feel best about doing because if you're passionate about a cause you will be able to put more into supporting them and fundraising leading up to the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter