• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use The Firm exercise tapes?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hi all:

I am looking into some exercise tapes and I have heard The Firm getting great reviews. The only problem is that there are a gazillion different tapes to choose from. Anyone have any experience with this system?

Thanks!
Sammy

I love these tapes - I don't have the new set but am thinking of purchasing it. I have about a dozen of them and IMHO the older total body workout tapes are the hardest and most effective (the one hosted by Janet Jones Gretsky is great!). The only thing I have to say is you need to be committed to working a full hour at a time at least 3-4 times a week and you should definitley invest in their fanny lifter step - it is well worth it! At first you will be sore because of so many lunges and squates but once you are hooked I don't believe any other tape will seem like a workout!

dreaming, thanks for the reply. I am very new to the exercise scene....can you tell me some names of the "older" Firm tapes? I hear people talking about "rotations".....are these a series of tapes you do together? Any idea where I can find out more information??

Thanks so much
Sammy

Yep, I do them, and I LOVE them!! I have the new Body Sculpting System, with the fanny lifter, and also a couple of other newer tapes that they have put out. I agree with dreaming that the older tapes are supposed to be the hardest, I haven't done any, but I hear they really kick your butt. But the ones I have kick butt, too! I've been using them since mid-Sept. and I have gone down a dress size and lost 7 lbs. so far, which might not seem like a lot, but I've gained a lot of muscle and lost that layer of fat (well, a lot of it, lol!) I had lost 30 lbs. over the last couple of years, and I had come to that dreaded plataeu, but with the Firm, I've broken through it. I was only using a treadmill for exercise before, now I do both.

dreaming is also correct that you do need to commit to doing it at least 4 times a week, up to an hour or so of exercise. But, you will see results. On their website, their are message boards (you have to pay to use them) with lots of support and the actual instructors on the videos are the moderators, they have auditoriums and chats with them to answer questions, and they also answer your questions on the boards. I find it really helpful and informative.

As far as the rotations go, I've made up my own with the videos I have, but on their boards, there is a whole board devoted to rotations, with an instructor to help you, challenge you etc. You rotate because you want to "shock" your body/ muscles, and not overuse them, so your rotate btwn cardio, sculpt and cardio + sculpt tapes.

I hope this is helpful, feel free to PM me it you have any questions!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter