Anyone use ENTERTAIN code at Dollar?

dtauer

Mouseketeer
For our time period, Dollar has the best rates on an intermediate car rental. However, I used the promo code ENTERTAIN and I can't figure out if there are any restrictions on it or if I need a coupon.

This promo code gave a much better rate than either MCC or FVG but I want to make sure I'm eligible to use it.

I'd call Dollar and ask about it, but what I've seen happen before is that once someone calls and asks about a code it sometimes gets yanked. For example, the USA code at Avis.

Since we have the Entertainment book I'm hoping it's linked to that, but I can't find any mention of it on the web site or in the entertainment book.

Anyone know where this promo code came from or what the restrictions are?

I tried using that code for my august trip, it was the same price for me as the FISH code, but the rate category said MATAM, I don't know if that helps you at all......

Thanks DTauer.
I used the code on their site, and sure enough my July rate dropped to $99/ week for economy car (instead of $120 before). I called the customer number, but they say their computer show a $200 rate with the same code. They told me the rate is outdated. They advised me to stay with my $120 rate. They told me I don't really need a coupon "but it would be better if you have it with you at checkin". I do not know what that means.

But I made the reservations online anyways, which still honor this code. And nowhere from their site says I need a coupon. I'm going to keep my 2 reservations for now. And see if others reply. I'm nervous too, as to what proof I need to have at checkin. But it's a $30 difference in base rate and that's alot.

BTW, does anyone know what's the latest time I can cancel my reservations w/o penalty???

I would like to know about this also. Anyone know where this code came from? I just used it and it showed 125+taxes for a week for an intermediate. total was 164.xx. I have a compact booked for 197.xx in august. booked the entertain code anyways just in case. if i have to i will just cancel it if i need coupon or anything.

I just booked a reservation using ENTERTAIN for Sept. 7-14, and here are some observations:

The e-mail confirmation Dollar sends you does not say anything about a discount code or a coupon, only the base rate and the extra taxes/fees. If you print out the e-mail and take it to the counter, I'm sure they will honor the rate.

2. Here are some rate comparisons for an Intermediate to be rented Sept. 7-14, 2002, reserved on 6-18-02.

No code: $264.97 base, $327.09 total

MCC code: $174.99 base, $222.37 total

ENTERTAIN code: $125.00 base, $164.18 total

3. Even if you're worried, it couldn't hurt to book with this rate now and save the printout. You could then look for the best "backup" reservation with a different company on the chance (slim, IMHO) that Dollar doesn't honor this rate.

We are using a minivan for 10 days in October
and I got a better rate with the FGV coed. Our base is 289.97. With Entertain it was 339.
I would recommend trying all codes you find to see what is best for you!
I also agree that with your printed confirmation they should give you that rate regardless if you 'forgot' the actual ad or coupon.

Does anyone know where this promo code came from. Since it says 'Entertain' I would almost expect it would be from an Entertainment Book? If this is the case, would they require a coupon? It would be interesting to hear back from anyone who has used this code....

I just got a great rate with the entertain code for an intermediate car of 125 for a week, with the fish code I could only get a compact car for 149! so all in all the entertain code was the best for me! with taxes it comes to 164 instead of 209!
I figure instead of spending 100 for a limo,(I have a coupon for an upgrade from a towncar) plus whatever a taxi would cost us to go from the dolphin to DTD I am better off getting the car for the week! Thank you for the code info!

I just used ENTERTAIN and got 9 days in Nov. for $151.00 for an economy car which I had previously reserved for $175.00. The confirmation is a legal document and doesn't have any 'small print' exclusions. The base rate per week is $99. I finally scored a car for the same $$ as last year!

Bill From PA

So, what is the cancellation policy? I currently have 2 ressie, one with FISH, one with ENTERTAIN. I plan to keep the entertain one, since I did talk to the operator on the phone, and she told me I don't need to have the coupon, "but it would be nice if you do". Whatever that means.

When should I cancel my other ressie w/o penalty?

I'm going on their web site and cancel there. I don't know how long before one should do this. I seem to remember that 24 hrs is enough from playing this game last year.

Bill From PA

Thanks so much!!! I just used it and it saved me over $50 on a 3 day rental!! You guys are awesome.

I read my fine print and it doesn't mention a coupon, etc. So it should be okay.

Kamy :)

I just went into my original reservation for a compact $124.99 using FVG and changed it to a intermediate for $125.00 using ENTERTAIN. This is for a 6 day rental at MCO in August. Thanks for the tip.

THANK YOU!! I had to change all our vacation plans today and was sure that it would be a mess. You saved me $100 on the rental car! Thanks so much.

WE ARE COMING FOR 18 DAYS IT SAVED ME $100, THANK YOU SO MUCH I HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I MADE OUR VACATION SO LONG THIS YEAR, THIS HELPS! IS ANYBODY BACK YET FROM THEIR VACATION THAT USED THIS CODE? PLEASE LET US KNOW IF EVERYTHING WENT OK?:sunny:

Pokey
what code did you use? What type of car?
I hope I got the best deal possible but Entertain was not cheaper than mcc for me??? We have a ten day stay and the extra days are what kill you!

patty, i used the entertain code and before i was using fvg code weekly rate on fullsize went from 189 to 140.

Wow and Thanks! I don't know anything about the origin of the ENTERTAIN rate, but it just saved me a ton on our September trip. Booked a full size for $140 a week ($181 including taxes). I printed my confirmation and everything seems in order!

;)
Try a few rate codes!
HVG was $600+
ENTERTAIN was $340ish
and MCC code was $298!
these rates were for a minivan for 10 days!
So even though Entertain may have saved you $ another code may save you more!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter