Anyone use Doughmakers cookie sheet and pans?

capthooksmom

DIS Veteran
I recently purchased a few Doughmakers products, and I'm interested in hearing from other people who have used them. Specifically, I'd like to know: If you like them? Do you believe that your products cook more evenly than conventional cookie sheets or pans?
Since you're not supposed to put them in the dishwasher or use cooking spray, I'm just wondering if they're worth the trouble to use for my holiday baking.

I've never even heard of the brand. Where did you buy them?

herc.

Originally posted by hercamore
I've never even heard of the brand. Where did you buy them?

herc.

I bought mine at HollyDays, which is a fundraiser for the Junior League of Baton Rouge. Doughmakers was one of the vendors that was there. I think they are from the midwest.
They were giving cookie sheets away when you bought a cake pan and/or jellyroll pan. I bought a few things from them. A lady who bakes cakes professionally walked up to the booth and told me how good they were. She bought several pans to add to her collection. She also said she uses the cookie sheets a lot.
Anyway, they are very shiny and have a pebbly surface. They are supposed to keep your cookies and cakes from browning too much on the bottom and edges. Essentially, it's supposed to give you perfect, evenly baked cookies and cakes. You can't put them in the dishwasher or use cooking spray on them, though. I bake lots and lots of cookies at Christmastime, so I'm just trying to decide if they're worth using for that much at a time. I've baked biscuits on mine, but no cookies yet.
Here's the website: www.doughmakers.com

We sell them where I work...I don't have any of them personally...We do have one small cookie sheet that came in a children's baking set. DD uses it whenever we bake cookies and she bakes some on her own pan. I think they do a great job.

The pebble texture does help them bake evenly, as well as keep them from getting too brown. I also think it helps things not to stick.

Over time, cooking sprays will build up on your bakeware and eventually make a gummy surface that you can't get clean, thus causing things to stick. I have a spritz bottle that I spritz oil onto my bakeware, or I just grease things the old fashioned way, with butter.

I've also found that putting bakeware in the dishwasher allows water to get into the seams causing it to rust. I've had best results handwashing and drying immediately.

Good luck with your baking...Let us know how things turn out!

Originally posted by yummy72
We sell them where I work...I don't have any of them personally...We do have one small cookie sheet that came in a children's baking set. DD uses it whenever we bake cookies and she bakes some on her own pan. I think they do a great job.

The pebble texture does help them bake evenly, as well as keep them from getting too brown. I also think it helps things not to stick.

Over time, cooking sprays will build up on your bakeware and eventually make a gummy surface that you can't get clean, thus causing things to stick. I have a spritz bottle that I spritz oil onto my bakeware, or I just grease things the old fashioned way, with butter.

I've also found that putting bakeware in the dishwasher allows water to get into the seams causing it to rust. I've had best results handwashing and drying immediately. Good luck with your baking...Let us know how things turn out!

Thanks for responding yummy!
When I bought the sheets they told me only grease with butter or shortening, and never put them in the dishwasher. That's one of the reasons I was a little reluctant to use them (for the first time) when I had tons of baking to do. I'm also afraid I will have to wash, dry, and re-grease each pan before each set of cookies. I guess I will give them a try since I'm always on the quest for the perfect cookie.
Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter