Anyone use Cruising America to rent trailer?

carolynb

Mouseketeer
Wondering about renting a trailer from Cruising America in Kissimmee. We are from Canada and have tented at the Fort before, but were thinking of renting a trailer in Kissimmee and driving it to the Fort. Mileage will be cheap, but we were wondering if anyone has rented from them or any other company.

I have rented rvs from camping world and drove from NY to the fort. The experience was great but not inexpensive. Your idea of flying to FL and picking one up there sounds like a good one. I think the mileage cost alone was around 900.00 and that was for the round trip. The rv we rented was basically brand new and it was very clean. They have 4 or 5 different models to chose from and there is a location in Orlando.

We have seen several of their class C's at the Fort.

I looked at Cruise America too but check to make sure when you can pick up and drop off. I think they are closed on Sunday at the Orlando/Kissimmee location.

But I have seen many of their Class C units at the Fort as the other posters have.

Bama ED

We have never rented from them, but two of our friends have. They were not new units, and both of them had problems. One was an electrical, and the other just 2 weeks ago had a hose connection at the potty come loose and flooded the RV. Both were given allowances for the trouble when returning them, but don't think either one will rent from them again.

There are many, I'm sure, that have trouble free trips. Their units both "checked out' before taking them, so not sure what happened. We were there when the flooding happened, and my dh & other friend fixed it for them - was a messy job though!

Staying with it local though, like at FW, is an advantage as you could just call them and turn the problems over to them ;) Good luck!

I did some research on Cruise America for our October RV trip to the Fort. In just 2 weeks now!!! The reviews I found were not good and I crossed them off my list as possible rentals. Sounds like the units are older and have many problems some even dangerous. We are using a local rental place from Indianapolis so that doesn't help you. Good Luck.

Thanks for all your replys. I was worried about the fact that the trailers seem to be older units at Cruising America. I never thought about renting from Camping World. Has anyone else rented from Camping World? Thanks

Never rented an RV, but DH & I are planning to do so next Nov/Dec to stay at FtW. From many great disboarders I got the following info on rv rentals for FtW. Couple of these companies rent golf carts also; much cheaper than disney; sometimes will include one free if you bargain well. These companies haul to FtW, set up the RV, break it down, & haul it away - camper just brings in their luggage! I think all of them also include a patio carpet & 2 outdooors chairs.

All got good disboarders reviews except the last one -
traveltrailerrent.com - Meachams (bath linens are $30; bargain to get free)
floridacamperrental.com
mcrfl.com - Moore Rentals
NO for campatthefort.com - Tina Edmonds has been very unreliable

Good luck.

Thanks for all your replys. I was worried about the fact that the trailers seem to be older units at Cruising America. I never thought about renting from Camping World. Has anyone else rented from Camping World? Thanks

carolynb,

Just a suggestion -

You might want to edit/add the title of your post to now ask about Camping World. Or start a second thread regarding CW. Some people who have already looked at your thread may not automatically click down into it and know that you are now asking about Camping World.

Simply trying to be helpful. The more obvious the change is, the better. You might get more responses that way. :rolleyes1

Bama ED

carolynb,

Just a suggestion -

You might want to edit/add the title of your post to now ask about Camping World. Or start a second thread regarding CW. Some people who have already looked at your thread may not automatically click down into it and know that you are now asking about Camping World.

Simply trying to be helpful. The more obvious the change is, the better. You might get more responses that way. :rolleyes1

Bama ED
Thanks, I will do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter