Anyone use a soft sided cargo carrier for a car?

indimom

Are We There Yet?
We are tent camping at the Ft. in July. We are driving down in our 2010 Impala. It has a decent trunk and we've camped using the car before, but its a tight drive. Very tight. We usually end up with quite a bit of "stuff" around our feet and between the kids in the backseat.
And this is a much longer drive. Like 8X longer! :drive: :crazy2::crowded::crazy2:

DH and I were thinking about purchasing a soft-sided cargo carrier, but we've never used one before.
Anyone have suggestions on a good quality brand. We are hoping to get the ones that sit on a no-slip pad to protect the car and keep the bag from shifting because our car does not have a roof rack.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We used one a few years ago. We were very suprised that it didn't leak at all. Luggage was perfectly safe and dry. We purchased it at Walmart though I don't remember the brand.

We used one a few years ago. We were very suprised that it didn't leak at all. Luggage was perfectly safe and dry. We purchased it at Walmart though I don't remember the brand.

Thank you, I'll see what Walmart has. I bet they don't carry too many brands. So it will be a start to our search. I'm glad to hear yours didn't leak, I was a little worried about that. That and preventing scratches on the car.

One daughter used one from Mobile to North Dakota...or was it South Dakota? Another daughter uses a rack that fits into her trailer hitch. Neither has had any problems with damage to the vehicle or the contents.

I use one but have a roof rack to attach it to. I also wrap all items in either large zip locked bags with handles or large black lawn & leaf garbage bags first...which was a good thing the time I packed so I could leave from work, then on the way to work stopped for a car wash. Half way thru the rinse cycle I remembered the soft cargo carrier on top. It came out very clean and soggy. The wrapped items remained dry.

We have one that we use. But we have a mini van and it ties down to the luggage rack. We really like it and it great extra room in the van for other things.

Sounds like everyone has been pretty happy with theres. I'll keep looking and will gladly take any suggestions you may have. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter