anyone up at this time? Could you say a prayer?

lisajl

DIS Veteran
My DS-9 has been sick on and off for over a month now. Been to the doctor, said it was viral. A week and a half ago he had a seizure, no fever, vomited after, first time ever that this has happened.
Tonight not feeling so well, had been on omnicef antibiotic. Fever 101.
My DH and I decide he should go to ER. Well, they think it is serious enough for a CT scan. They have an IV in him and took some blood. As soon as the IV makes him drowsy enough they will take him to CT.
Please, please say a prayer for my little guy. I am sitting here crying my eyes out for him. I told my DH it's a good thing he is there because I would be a basket case. My DH told me he knows that, and he is glad I am at home too.
This little guy means so much to me...so do my other two, but he is the baby.

Sorry to go on, I am just so worried.

Thanks for letting me vent.

UPDATE POST 36!
Lisa

Lisa,

I am still up and am saying a prayer for you and your little boy. I pray that you will get a quick answer and that the problem will be something simple. May God send his angels to surround you with His love as you wait at home for more news.

Sending you a hug too! :hug:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I'll pray that your son's doctors can pinpoint what's causing his illness and treat him accurately. My thoughts are with your family.

Thank you both! I am still waiting for another phone call or for them to walk through the door.

Lisa

I have never been on this forum before but your thread caught my eye. I hope your son is ok and I said a prayer for him. I have had a personal experience with this also. My daughter had 3 seizures when she was little and then they just ended. Last year she had couple more and we took her to the ER and they found the problem. Now she is just fine. Please keep us updated. God Bless.

I have never been on this forum before but your thread caught my eye. I hope your son is ok and I said a prayer for him. I have had a personal experience with this also. My daughter had 3 seizures when she was little and then they just ended. Last year she had couple more and we took her to the ER and they found the problem. Now she is just fine. Please keep us updated. God Bless.

I'm so glad your DD is okay now. It is so scary when you don't know what is going on.
They just got back and the CT scan was clear. It is a big case of sinus infection. We have to get two prescriptions one for prednisone and one for an antibiotic.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa

I'm so glad your DD is okay now. It is so scary when you don't know what is going on.
They just got back and the CT scan was clear. It is a big case of sinus infection. We have to get two prescriptions one for prednisone and one for an antibiotic.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa

Whew!!!! Thank GOD its nothing serious!!! Hope your boy feels bbetter very soon. :grouphug:

What a relief!!! So glad it was just a sinus infection!!! The meds should knock that out pretty quickly! Hope all is back to normal in your house very soon! :goodvibes

I am glad to hear they found out what the problem was. I will say a prayer for all of you.

Oh, how scary!

Hope your DS is feeling a little better tonight. :goodvibes

I can imagine how frightening this was. Glad to hear it was nothing too serious and send prayers he is on the mend. :hug:

This is why I love Disboards. When I need a place to come and vent or find some comfort, it is on 24/7. You all are the best!
Sean is still not too great. Gave him the antibiotics this morning, he threw up about 30 minutes later. He is not too hungry so is munching on toast when he is awake. When he wakes up will give him the prednisolone.
Luckily the fever has come and gone. I decided to stay at home with him today due to our light schedule at work. Trying to get some housework done while he is resting.
What a weekend!
Again, thanks everyone for your concern. It really helped me through that rough few hours waiting for answers.

Lisa

As scary as the seizures are, it can be normal with some infections, especially with fevers that rise and fall rapidly.My nephew went through this for a year until they found the source of the infection and the seizures started at only age 1.He had really bad adnoids that were infected on the inside and kept reinfecting his system.

Heres hoping that your DS feels better soon.
Sherrie

So glad your son is doing better! My DS has chronic sinusitus, and he gets pretty sick, although never seizures. Let us know how he is doing. If I had one tip for you, it would be that the prednisalone can also cause upset tummies. Have him take it with food! My son takes this year round. If he is taking it in liquid form, have a drink to chase it with. It tastes really yucky! Hope you son gets to feeling better soon!

Well, it has not been a good morning. I stayed home yesterday with him due to the ER run. This morning I went to work, my DH went to the dentist and then home to check on Sean. Sean had gone in the bathroom and he told his dad that he had a seizure. We are not sure if that is what happened or he blacked out. We took him to the doctor and he has referred us to Childrens Hospital in Columbus for an EEG. I am waiting to hear from them when we can bring him in. I am hoping and praying it will be this week.

Thanks for your concern everyone, it is much appreciated.

Lisa

Please keep us updated. I hope that he gets to feeling better and that you have your answers.

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry that he isn't feeling well today. I'm sure the docs at the children's hospital will figure out what is going on. Please try not to worry too much until you have some answers. :hug:

ok..Childrens Hospital cannot see him until May 8th. Our doctor said that was not good enough. Childrens said if my son has an abnormal EEG, they would see him sooner.
So, we are going to have an EEG done next Wednesday. Then we will go from there. Not sure how long it will take to get an answer.

Thanks everyone! I am just trying to keep everyone here at home together. I am trying not to break down in front of him. My DD, 21, just got back from class and broke down. She is headed to New York tomorrow with friends and does not want to go now. I told her to pack her bags and get out of this town!!
I know she is worried, but there is really nothing else to do but wait.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter