Anyone Try the Travel Space Bag?

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
You know what I'm talking about. The advertisment shows a comfoter, a couple of pillows, and a sheet set or two in a bag, then they use a vaccume to suck out all the air. The bag collapses really flat.

There is also a Travel size that you can use without a vaccume. I bought some, but I'm wondering if any of you have used them before. How do they work, and are the clothes wrinkled when they come out of the bag?
Thanks
Gerri

My MIL used them to ship out all my SIL's stuff out west. They worked really well for her but all the stuff was wrinkled and the bags were HEAVY!

My MIL bought some small ones for me to try. We used them for some of our clothes and they weren't wrinkled when we got to WDW.

These are the bags that you roll to remove the air.

Debbie

Yes Debbie, the Travel ones are the kind that you roll. The other larger ones are the ones that you use your vaccume cleaner with. Thanks. I was really trying to decide whether to try them for our trip or not.
Gerri

I bought the big ones a couple of years ago. They started out great, had shrunk winter clothes and packed under the bed. I had checked on them a couple weeks later and everything looked ok. When I went to pull out the bags, something had happened and they had expanded under the bed. I had to pull the mattressed off to empty the bags to get them out. (my bed is next to the wall and the opening was facing the wall)
I never did figure out what happened.

I was thinking about trying some of these out too. We will only be able to fit one suitcase in the trunk of our car along with our cooler and my dd's stoller. It would be great to fit all of our clothes in that one bag. I've looked at some on ebay and I'd think the ones that you use a vacuum would work better but how am I going to get a vacuum to use at the hotel???

I just found this site tonight by happy accident,and these bags seem cheaper than the ones on tv Pluss you can buy just the travel kind!!

The Ultimate Space Saving DeviceThe PACKMATE travel storage bag creates up to 75% more space in your backpack/luggage. Fill it with clothes, roll it up to force the air out, and viola! Your clothes take up much less space. No vacuum needed like the bags you may have seen on TV. Also provides a complete moisture barrier -- waterproofs your clothes. Also seals odors in -- important if you fill it with dirty clothes you've been wearing for a week. One year manufacturer's guarantee. An essential for those with the world on their backs. Medium: 19 x 13 inches. Large: 26.5 x 17 inches. Available individually or in a set of 1 Large and 1 Medium.

#BP9701 PACKMATE Travel Storage Bag $6.50
Check to Order: Quantity:

#BP9801 PACKMATE Travel Storage Bag Large $8.50

All PackMates are in stock.

#BP9901 PACKMATE Storage Bag Set $14.00

All PackMates are in stock.
bp9701.gif

Here is the link http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/packit.htm#vacusac

Hope this helps!!

Has anyone used this??? I packed our winter things in the vacuum kind and thought I's never get the wrinkles out and it weighed a ton!!! Never again. The folding thing looks really interesting if the clothes don't get all wrinkled. Maybe for on the way home when it doesn't matter.

I bought several sets of these bags from Target before our DCL cruise in May. I got a large "vacuum" bag and a pretty big travel bag for $6 or $7 total. I bought enough so that each adult and child had 2 travel bags to use.

We put our bathing suits, underwear, etc. (stuff that it doesn't matter if it wrinkles) in them. On the way back, we put whatever was already dirty etc. since wrinkles were not an issue. I do think they saved room but you have to kind of work around them since on the air is out they are kind of stiff and not real pliable. We put ours in the bottom of our suitcases and then packed around them.

I did use one of the vacuum bags for diapers. I put them in neatly and then sucked the air out - it really did make the bag much smaller!! Since we used the vast majority of the diapers during our trip, I wasn't worried about vacuuming the air out on the way home.

I liked these bags and will use them again on our March trip to WDW. I spent about $50 but I can use them again and again plus I have bags to store stuff in at home.

I looked for these bags at wal-mart last night and couldn't find any. Where at in target did you find them? I forgot all about dd's pullups. I bet that would save TONS of room!!!! Thanks for the tip!! :)

I found mine @ Walgreens for $5.99. It was a large sized vaccume bag and two Travel sized bags in the set. At $5.99 I bought three sets. At Walgreens, they had an isle of nothing but "AS SEEN ON TV" stuff.
Gerri

I found the travel bags in the closet/storage area at Target. They come in a box and were hanging on the wall near the over-the-door shoe holders etc.

Hope that helps you find them!!

Oooooohhhhhhhhh, that does help. I was looking in the luggage dept. :o Guess I'll have to go back. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter