Anyone try 1/2 Value 1/2 at Deluxe?

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
I always have such a hard time deciding where to stay. We were going to try the WL and AKL with such great rates, but I am also considering a value resort for 5 nights so we could afford 6 night at the Poly or GF, which would be really awsome with the monorail. We've stayed at ASMU and it was okay. We loved the theming and the pool, but didn't like the busses and the rooms were quite small. I think it would be fun for the kids though and then we could stay at a Deluxe monorail hotel and really live it up. What do you think?

We split our last stay. Or actually we stayed at ASMO and then added on a night at the end at the Poly. I wouldnt want to move on every trip, but if it means I can go to my favorite place(the Poly) then, I would do it again.
In your situation with so many nights, I would definitely split it like you said.

Sounds good to me. We just came back from a split but I did two deluxes, we had not been away for 6 years, and it was our 25th wedding anniv. so we did it up big as far as resorts go, but ate in alot of counter, pizza places, which was fine for us.

We did akl/poly and loved it. I have decided that if/when we get to go back I will do either a value/moderate depending on price. Some people were able to get great deals on moderates this year, while we do the parks and few resort days only probably at the poly or akl.

Deb.

I did it last trip-split my stay between ASMu and AKL. Especially since I was solo, I found it very easy to switch. I even got so into this "switching" thing that while I was at AKL, I delibrately asked for 2 different rooms on 2 different floors and savannahs so I could really appreciate the experience. My only regret? This was my 4th solo trip to WDW (13th in all) and I wish I'd learned about how much fun it is to experience 2 different resorts sooner-it feels like 2 vacations!

We spent 3 nights at ASMU last July(loved the resort) and then switched over to 4 nights at Contemporary N Wing (loved the resort) and I can't tell you the excitement in our kids when they realized they were going to be on the monorail! We were all so happy with ASMU that DH and I didn't even tell the kids we were switching after 3 nights...then as we were riding the monorail from MK to Epcot the day b4 our switch, we pointed to the Contemporary and said we'd be staying there for 4 nights...kids went out of their minds!!!!!!!! Our only regret is that we feel like we will be missing out if we don't stay on the monorail again! Boy, are we spoiled! It was our DS first trip since he was 10 mo's old (6.5 at time of trip)so I can just imagine his expectations now. DD loved it as well. ASMU was a bit more whimsical and animated...but the monorail, view of the castle(standard) fireworks.....I just can't say enough about how wonderful it all was!!!!!!!!!You will have the BEST time!!!!!:D

Just an idea! I was looking at discounts...if you had standard rooms what about this?
6 nights at a mod resort and 5 nights at a deluxe (Poly). I think you would come out about the same $$$$ total. Staying at a mod would be nicer and more for your money in atmosphere. According to the discounts you are talking $74 (value) vs $94 (mod) a night. You must determine if 6 nights vs 5 nights at the Poly is worth the difference between a value resort and a mod resort. Different things are important for each of us. I'd go for the mod resort. At any rate, you'll have a blast and I wish I could stay for 11 nights. Have fun!:cool:

I agree with mickeys bud, for 20.00 a night go with a mod. then poly. Don't forget, its all about making memories.

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter