Anyone tried to bring craft beer on board?

Beniec

Earning My Ears
It's very hard to find craft beer here in 12 ounce cans. Can we bring a 4 pack of 16oz tallboys? 2 22 oz bomber bottles?

Both well under the 72 oz of a 6 pack of 12oz, and less total alcohol by volume... But are they known to be reasonable about this kind of thing?

What about sake or soju, are they considered wine? They don't really qualify as spirits...

No to both. They usually apply the rules strictly. They mention a maximum volume per can, not a total volume per passenger. They also do not say ‘no spirits’ but rather that you allowed to bring wine, so sake and anything else is out. They also confiscate malt beverages, fortified wine, hard cider, wine coolers...

Of course, you could chance it and get a screener who does not care, but at the risk of getting your cans confiscated until the end of the cruise. If they decide to do so, you would not be in a position to discuss the application of the rules as they are clear.

If you have the chance in Cocoa Beach, you can pick up a good selection of craft beers in 12 oz cans at The Key Lime Pie Company which is located across the road from Ron Jon’s. My son did this 2 weeks ago.

We bring craft beer but it needs to be in 12 oz cans.

Could it not be in 12oz bottles (if those exist - I’m gluten-free and never liked beer anyway before having to go gf so I don’t know if 12oz bottles exist)? I only see “6 beers no larger than 12oz” - nothing specifying cans. (Whereas Wine IS specified “bottles”.)

Yes, it can be 12 oz. cans or bottles. We prefer the cans because we have plenty of varieties we like that come in cans, plus no worries about broken glass. But you can bring either.

Yea bottles are fine but like the previous post said you can get a much better variety out of cans. It’s also much easier to pack cans that bottles

Good to know for those who drink beer. Like I said, even before having to go gluten-free I hated the taste so I never learned that much about it. I do wish with a doctor’s note those of us who are gluten-free had the option of bringing cider. I would likely being my red wine anyway, but an option would be nice.

No to both. They usually apply the rules strictly. They mention a maximum volume per can, not a total volume per passenger. They also do not say ‘no spirits’ but rather that you allowed to bring wine, so sake and anything else is out. They also confiscate malt beverages, fortified wine, hard cider, wine coolers...

Of course, you could chance it and get a screener who does not care, but at the risk of getting your cans confiscated until the end of the cruise. If they decide to do so, you would not be in a position to discuss the application of the rules as they are clear.

On our last cruise in July, I brought (6) cans of 16oz tall boys. It was the Modelo chelada, one of my fav beers that almost qualifies as 'craft' as I've never seen them outside Mexico but I stumbled upon them at Wawa gas stations in Orlando.

The security guard I don't think he even looked at them.
So yeah as you mentioned, it's at their discretion..
But I would risk it every time as its $18 for 6 cans. Onboard you'd pay ~$20 for 2 beers.
But to me, it has to be a special beer, something you won't find onboard. I'd never bring in regular beer. It's a waste of space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter