~~~Anyone tried Five Fingers footwear for the parks???

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/index.cfm
Remember going barefoot as a child? It’s the way you first discovered and conquered your world—without the constraint of shoes. Or the sense of duty you acquired later on.

Now you can experience that same physical and visceral sensation in Vibram FiveFingers—the only footwear to offer the exhilarating joy of going barefoot with the protection and sure-footed grip of a Vibram® sole.

FiveFingers footwear connects you to the earth and your surroundings in a way that is simply not possible in conventional shoes. It puts you in touch with the earth beneath your feet and liberates you to move in a more natural, healthy way. FiveFingers stimulate the muscles in your feet and lower legs to build strength and improve range of motion. Our customers report an increased sense of balance, greater agility, and visibly improved posture.

Choose from a variety of designs to cover the wide range of activities you would rather do barefoot—everything from fitness training and yoga, to running and trekking, to kayaking and sailing. Discover a level of performance and a connection to your environment that is positively without peer.
large.jpg

I wore my Vivo Barefoots to the parks last year, and they were fantastic. I have been looking at the Vibrams for a while, but still haven't made up my mind to invest in them. For me, they're a pretty expensive shoe (I got the Vivos at a steep discount), and I'm just not sure I could handle the stares and the questions. If you do wear them to the parks, I'd love to hear what your experience was like.

I wore my Vivo Barefoots to the parks last year, and they were fantastic. I have been looking at the Vibrams for a while, but still haven't made up my mind to invest in them. For me, they're a pretty expensive shoe (I got the Vivos at a steep discount), and I'm just not sure I could handle the stares and the questions. If you do wear them to the parks, I'd love to hear what your experience was like.
Ohhh....so there is footwear available that are similiar to 5 Fingers? I would never pay $80-90 for a pair of shoes but saw these and thought they looked interesting!:lmao: If I could only find a pair for half off...then I'd buy them :goodvibes

They look so silly but I LOVE going barefoot so I'd be tempted. LOL

Saw a few people wearing them in the parks last week. They do look amusing but awful dang comfortable too!

For the Vivos, try 6pm.com. I got my first pair there at half off, and literally wor them to pieces. The Terra Plana website does have sales and specials for time to time. I really want to try the Dopie sandels, but they always seem to be out of the size/color I want when I feel like I can afford them.

I'm still working up the courage to try the five fingers. They do look incredibly comfy, but I can imagine that you get quite a few looks and comments when you wear them, which I can have a problem handling. If anybody does try them, please let me know how it goes!

If you try them make sure you use them a lot at home before you go. I hear it takes a while for your muscles to get used to them. That might only be for running, though.

There is a thread in the Disney World Tips forum that has pictures of someone that wears these religiously to the parks. They have like 3 pair! I'm very tempted!

best shoes ever. I have worn them to Disney, hiking, biking, swimming, and running. The DO take some getting used to and if you just put them on and spend the whole day in the park, you will be sore 2 days later. Just wear them some before you leave - maybe take a few walks and you will be fine. love my 5 fingers.

Guilty as charged, I own 5 pair including the discontinued Surge that looks like a diving bootie, ankle high with 3 straps so they absolutely can't come off. I also have two types of KSO's and two Sprint, just to have different styles/colors. So yes, you can say I'm a fan!:thumbsup2
I've worn them to the water parks, perfect for there. I plan to wear them to the parks next time I go to see if they help with my feet hurting, regular shoes kill me.
I have gotten a few comments, nothing negative just 'those look neat.'

Those do look intriguing. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to wear them at WDW, but I do a lot of hiking on dirt and grass trails every summer, and they look like they'd be perfect for that. How protective are they for the soles of your feet? Say, if you stepped on a pointy rock or something.

They are thin on the bottom, for a barefoot feel so anything sharp or pointy might poke through them. However in my opinion, it would be pretty hard to penetrate, the soles are made by Vibram. You might get a stone bruise if you 'poked' hard enough. They are also siped (little slits cut) on the bottom like boat shoes so they are VERY slip resistant on wet surfaces.

They now make a hiking model that has a thicker sole with a hiking sole tread, probably much thinker if you are concerned with pointy things. They are even more expensive. Me, I like 'em just like they are!:thumbsup2

I have learned so many things since I joined DIS. I have never seen these before. They look odd. Don't they make your feet sweat?

Great! I just showed my dad this thread and he is going to our local store tomorrow. He will love the attention he gets from wearing these. I on the other hand will not. :rotfl2:

I have learned so many things since I joined DIS. I have never seen these before. They look odd. Don't they make your feet sweat?

No, not if you buy the ones that are fabric on the top, it is very breathable. They do make a model that is all neoprene on top for cooler water and more protection, that is a different matter all together. Like wearing mini sauna's on your feet!

My kids saw someone wearing these at Epcot. My son laughed for days, he thought they were so silly looking. I had to look them up at home to figure out what he thought was so funny.

I love the dis - I can always find what I'm looking for on this forum. I bought my first pair of Vibrams yesterday. I run on the outside of my foot and I've been looking for a jogging shoe that doesn't make the outside of my foot ache after a jog. Hopefully these will work. I love crocs and now hopefully this "ugly" shoe will work for jogging.

These "shoes" are the opposite of crocs. These are truly like walking barefoot so if you have bad arches, stay away from these! I can use these for grassy areas but for concrete, not a chance. I tried them on in the store and they are like wearing socks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter