Anyone travel with a double peg perego

michelem

Earning My Ears
Mine is so heavy, and I am going to be at MK in mid July! Will they make me collapse it on the monorail? I'm prepared for the busses to other resorts and MGM, but I have read that when monorail is crowded, you may have to collapse it.

I thought of taking 2 umbrella strollers but then I can't go back to hotel by myself with 2 and 4 yr. old, while DH goes on big rides with my 7 year old.

We've left ours either at home or in the rental car. The real reason is my DH is afraid of someone stealing it in the park. We have the Peg Tender Twin and I go back and forth with the decision to use it at the park this trip. I know that strollers don't often get swiped but we paid a lot for this thing so he's extra paranoid (although after 3 years it's not that good looking anymore!!).

I didn't really answer your question, did I? I'm still struggling with the decision myself.

I have the Peg Perego Tender Twin and I wouldn't bring it. It's too heavy. You may have to collapse it on the monorail when it is crowded. We even had to collapse our umbrella strollers on very crowded monorail rides.

Have you thought about getting one of those straps that allow you to connect two umbrella strollers, or perhaps you could buy an inexpensive double umbrella stroller? We took two umbrella strollers on our last trip, but my parents were with us so we had four adults to push the two strollers.

Yes, you will have to collapse ANY stroller if the monorail is crowded, and usually doubles have to be collapsed due to their size. I also agree that the stroller is going to be too HUGE to bring by yourself, and I also think it will be too big for the busses. Now, saying that, any other front to back stroller isn't going to be large enough for your oldest. If you decide to go out and buy a cheaper double, you'll probably get a side by side model. First off, stay away from the Kolkraft double, your 4 year old will be WAY too small!!! Also, any side by side double HAS TO be folded up on the monorail, since it can't fit in the cars rolled on. The only cars a side by side double can fit on are the handicapped ones, which of course handicapped people have first priority on. YOu could get those stroller connectors, but you'll again, have to take the kids out, and collapse both strollers to get back to the resort even on the monorail.

I don't think it's impossible with the Tender Twin on the monorail. You would collapse it and then keep it upright and roll it along behind you or in front of you. You could do this while holding the younger one and the older one can keep their hands on your shirt or the stroller. The bus would be much harder cause you'd have to lift it but with the monorail you could just roll it on.

We bought 2 cheap umbrella strollers for our trip. So we wouldnt have to worry if one came up missing and it was just easier to get around with the smaller stoller. There were 7 of us (2 in strollers) and 3 adults and 2 teens. It made it really easy for each person to take a turn pushing and we could split up if we wanted and each take a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter