Anyone think that October or November 2021, that travel to Paris and Disneyland Paris will happen?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Bon jour

American here...

DH and I are were talking about next year, and some options for vacation... and of course Paris is top on the list. Paris the city of lights, how we long to see you again... sssssssssssssigh

We are 100 % going to get the vaccine as soon as we are allowed to get it, and we are happy to carry the vaccine cards along with us, for proof of immunizations.

So is this just a dream to be able to see our favorite city again?

or

Is international travel completely off the table for the next 4 years ?

Thoughts are appreciated...

For the next 4 years?! Tourism doesnt survive without.
It might take 4 years before airlines are back at the level pre-covid, but international travel shouldnt take that long.

I think by summer 2021 we can already travel internationally again.

@LovesTimone you need to keep checking this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...pean-2021-cruises-updated-december-3.3818455/
EU Covid 19 Travel Plan Information For USA Cruisers Planning European 2021 Cruises Updated December 3

I am updating it every Thursday

Information for travellers from third countries to the EU
This list is current as of 3 December 2020
USA people who intend to travel to European countries other than UK and Republic of Ireland need to keep a watch on this website https://reopen.europa.eu/en

USA people can travel to UK and Republic of Ireland, there are no travel restrictions. HOWEVER a mandatory 14 day quarantine is required. Passengers are required to complete an online Passenger Locator Form which is checked at passport control. This form requires a location where the passenger will complete the 14 day quarantine as they will be contacted. There are fines for those who do not comply with the 14 day quarantine.

Based on the criteria and conditions set out in the recommendation, EU member states should gradually lift the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries:
  • Australia
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • Rwanda
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Thailand
  • Uruguay
  • China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity
Travel restrictions should also be gradually lifted for the special administrative regions of China Hong Kong and Macao, subject to confirmation of reciprocity.

Bon jour

American here...

DH and I are were talking about next year, and some options for vacation... and of course Paris is top on the list. Paris the city of lights, how we long to see you again... sssssssssssssigh

We are 100 % going to get the vaccine as soon as we are allowed to get it, and we are happy to carry the vaccine cards along with us, for proof of immunizations.

or

Basically right now, you need to keep a close watch on your airline of choice, your departure airport, your arrival airport, France in general, specific places in Paris you wish to visit and Disneyland Paris. France is part of the EU travel plan but each country has requirements.

International travel as we knew it is gone but international travel with restrictions for those who do their research and are flexible and mange expectations will be possible. It will just be a lot more work than it used to be and there will be many changes.

I would imaging the second half of next year there will be no or next to no travel restrictions. Once people start to get vaccinated slowly immunity will start to begin and numbers of covid drop.

Hello!
Obviously none of us have a crystal ball, but I have flights booked from London to Boston in October and I'm pretty confident it'll happen. I reckon short trips will be back on the cards by April / may, international by September / October.

If you're going to book, do so flexibly though.

Basically right now, you need to keep a close watch on your airline of choice, your departure airport, your arrival airport, France in general, specific places in Paris you wish to visit and Disneyland Paris. France is part of the EU travel plan but each country has requirements.

International travel as we knew it is gone but international travel with restrictions for those who do their research and are flexible and mange expectations will be possible. It will just be a lot more work than it used to be and there will be many changes.

This is exactly it and very eloquently put.

This is exactly it and very eloquently put.

Thanks, :) I'm basically the opposite to you, I'm in Ireland and want to visit California so I have been following updates for
  • travel out / into Ireland
  • departures and arrivals from Dublin airport
  • travel into USA
  • arrivals and departures into LAX airport
  • my airline cancellation and rebooking policies
  • hotel cancellation and rebooking policies
  • restrictions and requirements in California
  • restrictions and requirements in LA county
  • restrictions and requirements in Orange county
  • opening / closing of restaurants and places of interest in LA county
  • opening / closing of restaurants in Orange county
  • opening / closing of Disneyland California
  • ticket refund policies and expiry dates for Disneyland California
My airline currently has a no fee for change of dates policy up to May 31 2021. They have been extending this about every 3 months. One part of my annual California trip is going to Disneyland, but I am not expecting that to open before March 2021. If I manage to travel before Disneyland reopens, I will change the length of my trip and cancel my Anaheim hotel.

For me, right now I just want to be able to travel. At Dublin airport we now have rapid Covid testing centres. I know that I will have to pay for a Covid test at my departure airport and wait for approx 6 hours for a result. That means I have to add the cost of the test and the extra hours at the airport to my original plans. In order to get on the plane I will have to have a negative result. That means for 14 days before my travel, I need to stay as isolated as possible, and work from home, in order to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid before my flight. Then at the airport and on the flight I will need to work out food situations. I am not expecting food service on the flights.

Then after I return back to Ireland, I will again get tested at the airport. I also plan to isolate for 14 days when I get home.

This is the new reality for a 7 day trip to California from Ireland.

We're also planning a family trip to Paris mid-October (from the US) and I'm feeling fairly confident about it at this point with all the vaccine news. I'm most torn about which airline to "trust" in booking with and am deep into researching cancellation policies at this stage.

We're also planning a family trip to Paris mid-October (from the US) and I'm feeling fairly confident about it at this point with all the vaccine news. I'm most torn about which airline to "trust" in booking with and am deep into researching cancellation policies at this stage.
Go back to March/April 2020 to see which airlines immediately had implemented a fitting cancellation policy and who waited.
Lufthansa is a very reliable and great airline, and would normally be my first choice, after the airline I work for ;-) , but I was a bit shocked and surprised at how rigid they were. We had to cancel our trip to the US this year and my friend was booked on Lufthansa, I was booked on KLM. While I had my money back in vouchers almost instantly, she had to wait a long time. Coincidental today, I read an article on a frequent flyer blog from a few months ago, where they announced that Lufthansa finally had implemented something less rigid.

Of course things keep changing and you never know what's going to happen. Also look for airlines who put their policies in plain and simple terms. For our holiday we had 2 domestic flights in the US, one on Alaska Airlines and one on Delta. Both of these airlines had worded their policies in such unclear ways, I wasn't sure what I had to do. For Alaska Airlines I reached out to customer service to help me. With Delta it was close my eyes and leap. I did the right thing, but that Delta felt the need to put a step by step instruction with screenshots and 'click here', 'now fill this in here', and that I needed that dummy proof instruction to make this work... is not a good sign to me.
Yes, I am biased about KLM because it's my national airline and the one I work for, but the form to fill in for vouchers was self-explanatory and easy.

A last thing to keep in mind is, if you have to cancel and for whatever reason you cannot get money back, only vouchers, think about if you would be able to use vouchers for a different destination. If you can't fly internationally next year, does this airline have partners to fly domestic?

Hi, I
Bon jour

American here...

or

Hi,

I'm heading to Disney in Feb (2021). We'll be staying in the Newport Bay. All booked..... no trouble. Very easy. I have no concerns about flying. I think it's safer than a trip to the supermarket. Especially at the moment with all the Christmas shopping crowds.

I'm going to Disneyland Paris in Feb 2021 (Newport Bay) ....... Flying

Anyone else?

With the current vaccinations I expect you might be lucky going. However as it stands France have done less than two jabs in 100 people. (And you need two per person for the current ones allowed).
I think limitations will be in place.

I hope you still get to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter