Anyone tent camp in June?

jeffemy

<font color=FF99FF>full-force Disney Fever has tak
Would this be a totally crazy idea? We have camped before, but never at Disney. I was thinking with the heat and the rainstorms, tent camping might be unpractical as well as uncomfortable- any suggestions?:D

HI , I would like to know this too.. May try to squeeze in a trip this june !! Thanks Michelle

We have camped in June but we live down here and are used to the heat. Well, as used to it as you can get. Here's how we did it. We tried to get as shady a site as we could. We put a tarp under our tent to help not have water come up thru the floor during any rain that you are most likely going to get. We put a 12x16 tarp over our tent and added a 12x12 dinning canopy onto the edge of that so we had a 12' x 28' area under cover. We brought a couple of box fans for around the site and a small oscillating fan for in the tent. I put a 5000 btu 110v A/C on a dolly that I could roll up to the door of the tent and zip the door around the front of the A/C. The A/C did just OK in the day but at night we needed cover and slept very well. I have also seen other tent campers that used the large carport type canopy to cover most of their site. A tent sitting in the direct sun in the middle of the day can easily get well over 100*. I can't stress enough how important it is to have a cover over your tent for shade and rain protection. We camp in a popup with A/C now and I still put reflective covers over the tent ends. It makes a huge difference.

I agree with Memph1s. We are from Minnesota so we get a lot of very hot humid summer days but camping in Florida in June was something we were not fully prepared to handle. Day after Day of very hot and very humid weather. By 9:00 am it was so hot and humid. We quickly went out and bought several fans which took the edge off - almost. Find a way to bring an AC it will be a life saver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter