Anyone taken a travel kettle?

wifey

DIS Veteran
:wave: Just curious as to whether anyone's done this and if you have were you allowed to take hot chocolate satchets/cartons with you. Our travel kettle also has cups and we have an adapter to plug it in with.We really like a hot drink in the winter months to keep warm, that said we are unsure what food we can take with us for snacks for all of us,any guidance is welcome.After the limits we had in Orlando I just want to know in advance so please give me a clue or two! :confused3 :wave2: :lovestruc
Thankyou :teeth: Wifey

We haven't taken one previously but we are going to on our next trip - with tea bags coffee and sugar.

:sad2: Meant to say sachets of hot choc, cuppa soups tea bags etc you know the sort of stuff I'm on about.Still half asleep :lovestruc Wifey

We didn't take a travel kettle with us in June, but got one there from housekeeping. We did take teabags and sachets of hot chocolate for DS for a bedtime drink.

I've taken one with me. I wasn't sure if I would be able to obtain one whilst I was there so I took one along. I can't face the morning without a hot drink - not even in Disneyland! :confused3 I took those little sachets of hot chocolate and some instant herbal teas. It made all the difference for me. Make sure you take a travel adaptor though.

I can't remember which hotel you are staying at but we have been able to borrow one from HNY- we just asked at reception and told them it was for our DD. I don't see any problems with bringing hot chocolate, teabags, snacks etc.. we always do.

Hi,

I always do as I need a cup of coffe before getting out of bed :rotfl2:

There are kettles in the rooms at the Kyriad and Holiday Inn. At the NPBC and HNY you can ask for it.

Greets Renate :wizard:

We took ours last week - took a couple of extra teabags at breafast for my tea the following day. We were at the SL and was able to buy uht milk in th shop there. However on my last day - duh- I noticed a sign by the fridge in the shop and in reception stating that you could get a basket of goodies ie milk and teabags ect from reception for 6 euros

Hi, we have stayed at the Hotel Cheyene 3 times and always take a travel kettle and sachets of coffee, chocolate, soup, tea bags and dried milk, it saves lots of money as the drinks are expensive in the parks and hotels, but we wern't so bothered as we knew that we had a choice of drinks back in our room, it's a great idea, next time we go i'm going to take a ceramic cup to the room (from the resturant), I don't know if you are supposed to, but I saw other people doing that and it tastes much better than those plastic cups that come with the travel kettles. Hope this is helpful.

That is the only downer I feel with the Parks - the cost of drinks. I normally take some of my own with me - some energy drinks are a good idea :rotfl2: I find those little sachets of hot chocolate are a good standby but then I'd drink hot chocolate if I was going down with the Titanic [so my family informs me!] :flower:

Thanks girls for the heads up about the goodie basket and the ceramic cups! Was thinking about taking our wdw mugs but that sounds so much better! Less to pack , more room for pressies on the return flight :goodvibes So glad they have milk available at the hotel (for DS) makes better drinks than
that powdered stuff!1 :goodvibes What wonderfully helpful people you are :love: Wifey

Nik,

I agree with you about the cost of drinks in the park - and snacks. Last week we bought 4 standard size packets of crisps and 2 standard size bottles of diet coke and it came to 10 euros. What's that, about £8?

Joanne

We went in January and took a travel kettle and adaptor for the first time and were glad that we did. We had tea, coffee and hot chocolate which was nice in the mornings before breakfast and also nice in the evenings to warm you up. We have always brought snacks with us, eg crisps, biscuits, sweets because they are very expensive in the parks and help revive DD's energy level.

Joanne UK said:
Nik,

I agree with you about the cost of drinks in the park - and snacks. Last week we bought 4 standard size packets of crisps and 2 standard size bottles of diet coke and it came to 10 euros. What's that, about £8?

Joanne

It's probably a comparable price to what you'd pay in a UK theme park - I think it's a shocker what they charge for things like that in these places. Trouble is, they have a captive audience, especially if you have children with you. They are always going to want a drink and a snack plus even as a grown up I find I start gagging for junk food the minute I set foot in the place :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have a problem from time to time with painful feet in cold weather, I have been advised to keep the well wrapped up during the cold months, and drink lots of warm drinks . Keeping warm and taking things easy are really important. I will be taking winter clothes and thick thermal socks. May ask for a kettle on arrival but bring our own hot drinks. Already looking for a good warm winter coat, need to find a hat .DH and DS will need a few fleecy tops etc too. Still time to
find all those things, will we be allowed to take a flask of tea or hot chocolate into the parks? :lovestruc Wifey

wifey said:
will we be allowed to take a flask of tea or hot chocolate into the parks? :lovestruc Wifey
Technically you are not allowed to but no-one has ever really properly checked our bags and we always take food and drinks in and have never had any problem.

That was a good reply ! ;) Does the SL have it's own Disney mug? If so we might have to take our breakfast cuppas into the parks with us :teeth: accompanied with a carrier bag to put them in when empty, we have done this before in Orlando. :listen: What do you think?

I almost always take some food of my own into the parks even if it is only an Energy Drink LOL. I do object to the price of drinks and snacks in these places so I would rather carry my own water and what not with me. I can only imagine what it must cost to feed and water a family in theme parks these days.

No one's ever searched my bag for things like food. They did have a look in when I went into Disney Village last time I went but I think that was more for general security than a food search.

No wanting to put a damper but remember that security has increased considerably. Given that security would not be able to check the contens of everyone's flask I'd be prepared that you would not be allowed to take it in.

Every bag/backpack we had had to have every zip pocket opened for inspection.

Reid

wifey said:
That was a good reply ! ;) Does the SL have it's own Disney mug? If so we might have to take our breakfast cuppas into the parks with us :teeth: accompanied with a carrier bag to put them in when empty, we have done this before in Orlando. :listen: What do you think?

Hi wifey, if you mean refillable mug like in WDW with lids, I have never seen one in DLP. I think there were mugs (the "normal" type) but not sure how sucessful it would be taking a hot drink to the park in these)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter