Anyone stayed or seen Festival Resort?

Glenn29

Does Jungle Cruise still take an E ticket
Anyone familiar with this place? Booked a place in Feb but it looks brand new (which could be nice) but also means no meaningful reviews online. Would love any information. Also, anybody familiar what the drive from there to the parks might take us time wise? It's at 173 Captiva Drive
Davenport. Doesn't seem far on google maps, but who knows what that is in real life.

Here is the overall resort link. I don't have enough posts to put up a link yet, but it's festival resort in Davenport.

thanks for any feedback.

It is a newish Townhouse estate ......... between I-4 & Ronald Reagan Parkway

Just near the road leading down towards Champions Gate & The Omni Hotel

It would be about a 20 min drive ( depending on which road you take to A. Kingdom )

Festival is relatively new. They have been slowly building out for a few years. Our home is just a few miles down the road from there.

The challenge for getting to the parks is, as @Woodview says, depends on what route you take. The route through Champions Gate to I-4 can get backed up, especially during the morning commute times. Normally busy I-4 eastbound will frequently get backed up due to the influx of traffic from Champions Gate. It is often slow from Champions Gate to just before World Drive. This gets worse during holidays when the rentals in the area fill up. There is a back way using Sherberth Rd to get up into the AK which I occasionally use.

Take a look at Google traffic for the area a couple of times during the day and you'll get a sense of the patterns.

With the continually increasing traffic in the area we have taken to giving ourselves 30 minutes to get to the parking lots, especially up to the MK parking lot, so we don't feel rushed.
Oh yes, :welcome: to DISboards and have a pixiedust: visit!

THank you both for the info. 30 minutes or less doesn't seem like too bad. Good idea to keep an eye on google traffic, I can get an idea of what's going on. We use the WAZE app up here in NY for traffic and it also does a really good job of avoiding it, hoping it works down there as well.

THank you both for the info.

You are welcome! I am sure you will like the area. The Festival is relatively new so the unit should be in good shape. There is a Publix supermarket (good deli) and a number of restaurants in right in Champions Gate. You are visiting during a quieter time of year so the traffic shouldn't be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter