• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed in the Florida Keys?

caroley

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
We're thinking of flying into Miami, next year, and staying at the Keys for a few nights before driving up to Disney. There are two resorts we're eyeing up, Ocean Pointe and Pelican Cove. Anyone have any info on these resorts or the Keys in general?

Hi Caroley

We're off down there in October, only for a couple of days, mind.

I visited the Keys 14 years ago and loved it. Haven't stayed in any of the hotels you're looking at though, but friends stayed at Pelican Cove 7 years ago and said it's great.

They're sooo laid back down there - even more so than the other beach resorts. Traffic can sometimes be a bit of a problem at weekends as a lot of the roads are just two tracks (one for south, one for north) as opposed to most four lane US highways. However, the whole ethos of life down there is to RELAX.

The sea is always warm, too, but there aren't that many "swimming" beaches.

Hi Carole
We are staying at the Ocean Pointe hotel in Key West for our second week in July. I will hopefully be posting a trip report and will answer any questions if I can when I return. We are staying at Fort Wilderness in the cabins for our week in WDW.
Shirley:Pinkbounc

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll be waiting for your trip report Shirley.

We'll be booking the flydrive soon but adding the accomodation once we've decided.

I'll be following this one with interest, too, as the Keys are part of my tentative plan for 2004 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter