Anyone stayed at Poly recently?

Thumper99

Mouseketeer
We had a family health emergency this week and our beach club trip had to be cancelled šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

so trying to rebook something in March and of course Beach club is gone. Was wondering what people felt about Poly which of course is available.

is it really bad that most of the resort is closed? Can anyone tell me what is open as far as restaurants? Pool? Is there a lot if construction? We were just planning a pool vacation with no parks. Any advice?? Thanks

We had a family health emergency this week and our beach club trip had to be cancelled šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

so trying to rebook something in March and of course Beach club is gone. Was wondering what people felt about Poly which of course is available.

is it really bad that most of the resort is closed? Can anyone tell me what is open as far as restaurants? Pool? Is there a lot if construction? We were just planning a pool vacation with no parks. Any advice?? Thanks

not there, but we were booked for march, and just switched due to the closing of the Kiki Tiki splash pad area, depending on the reopening date of the splash pad, we may switch back (our little guy loves it). Kona is open, Captain Cooks is open, Pinapple Lanai is open, Poolbar is open and Tambu Lounge is open. As of now both pools are open. Main entrance to Ceremonial House is not open, and monorail is not available from there. You can walk to transportation center to get the monorail (but I'm not sure that matters for you as it sounds like you're just doing a resort stay).

not there, but we were booked for march, and just switched due to the closing of the Kiki Tiki splash pad area, depending on the reopening date of the splash pad, we may switch back (our little guy loves it). Kona is open, Captain Cooks is open, Pinapple Lanai is open, Poolbar is open and Tambu Lounge is open. As of now both pools are open. Main entrance to Ceremonial House is not open, and monorail is not available from there. You can walk to transportation center to get the monorail (but I'm not sure that matters for you as it sounds like you're just doing a resort stay).
Thank you! I was wondering if both pools were open. Just trying to get a sense of what the feel is there. Iā€™m envisioning no people or restaurants and it feeling empty in a bad way. We usually live to walk to GF and eat there and I know itā€™s an easy walk to the monorail at the TTC but with Epcot line down other than going over to MK or BLT thereā€™s no need. Itā€™s still the same cost in points so it kinda feels like weā€™re ā€œ wastingā€ our points.

Thank you! I was wondering if both pools were open. Just trying to get a sense of what the feel is there. Iā€™m envisioning no people or restaurants and it feeling empty in a bad way. We usually live to walk to GF and eat there and I know itā€™s an easy walk to the monorail at the TTC but with Epcot line down other than going over to MK or BLT thereā€™s no need. Itā€™s still the same cost in points so it kinda feels like weā€™re ā€œ wastingā€ our points.

We were actually booked there in the hopes of it being pretty empty, and having the pools to ourselves haha. Splash Pad area was a deal breaker for us with an almost 3 year old who loves them though. O'hana and Trader Sam's are both still closed as of right now, rest of the stuff appears to be open from what I've read.

We were there last week, and had a wonderful time.

Like said above, there is a large construction project going on at the main building, so the entire front is closed off, including the station. But generally, it did not effect us at all. We stayed in the Moorea building, which is actually right next to the TTC boat/monorail station, and very far from the construction. I never heard any beeps or bangs.

We stayed a various resorts this winter, and was pleased to find that Poly had the best food options. It actually still has quick service all day! no trouble getting a table at Kona either, it never seemed full. I know this seems trivial, but some resorts have literally no food options right now. At other resorts, we often had to go to Disney Springs to get real meals, but DS is an absolute zoo right now.

Plus, we would jump on the monorail and get meals at GF and Contemporary as needed. GF actually seemed crowded by comparison. The waiter at the GF cafe told us that a large number of guests staying at coronado were "upgraded" to GF because they needed to devote a large section of Coronado for basketball.

Both pools were open and never seemed crowded. Never a line for Dole Whips. The gift shop and snack store had reduced hours, 9 to 9. Not terrible, but if you are the type whom is gone all day, you might find it is never open when you want it to be. Since its not crowded, we had no trouble getting a room request.

My only complaints were minor. You "check in" in a hallway in PagoPago. Not impressive, but understandable. The big lobby is still open, just not used for check in. Also, on check-out day, I thought it would be fun to walk from MK to Poly using the new path. The path from MK to GF is easy to follow, and well made. But from GF to Poly, it is not obvious. I found myself walking into "cast member only" areas, and had to backtrack. Once I got to the edge of Poly, I had all the construction, and lots of paths were blocked off.

Long story short, we missed the magical express! haha. Totally my fault, so we had to call an Uber for the airport. THe uber driver drove so fast, we actually beat the bus we missed. Fun

Is there any word on when the splash pad will be open? The website just says "March 2021" we are looking to book last week of March. I am in the same boat where my four year old would love that so it is kind of a big deal for us. I wonder if they would let us go to whichever closest resort has one open for a few hours? I know "pool jumping" used to be a big deal!

Is there any word on when the splash pad will be open? The website just says "March 2021" we are looking to book last week of March. I am in the same boat where my four year old would love that so it is kind of a big deal for us. I wonder if they would let us go to whichever closest resort has one open for a few hours? I know "pool jumping" used to be a big deal!
It could be early March or the last day of March, or they could extend it out to April. With construction at WDW things always change, so I wouldn't count on it being open. The Lava pool is a zero entry pool and the east pool is only about 4' deep, so a 4 year old should be fine in either.

We were booked for last week of March (Spring Break). We chose to switch when the splash pad went down. If we get word beforehand that it is back open, we will probably switch back, as I can't see those rooms booking up. We were looking forward to quiet pool days and resort days, as it sounds like the resort is very, very quiet. Hoping it opens in time for our trip, but happy to be booked elsewhere for the time being until we know more.

Anyone know if the splash pad refurb started yet??

Yes, there were some blogger pics from 4 days ago showing the area walled off and workers present. It was only one pic, but looked a lot like the repainting and freshening up that occurred at the GF splash pad several months ago. The chlorine and sun do a number to the paint jobs on those structures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter