• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Seen Nick Fury or Indiana Jones?

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
Saw on a blog that Nick Fury has shown up in AC. Also, that Indy would be out and about in Adventureland.
Has anyone actually seem either one of these characters? I looked on Entertainment as supposedly Nick Fury is doing a little show but nothing turns up. I’m guessing these are a catch-as-catch-can type of thing like Jack Sparrow…if you happen to be lucky enough to be walking by when he walks by, well there you go. But otherwise, don’t count on it.

so, if anybody has seen either one of these gents, let me hear from you please! TIA always:smickey:

Saw on a blog that Nick Fury has shown up in AC. Also, that Indy would be out and about in Adventureland.
Has anyone actually seem either one of these characters? I looked on Entertainment as supposedly Nick Fury is doing a little show but nothing turns up. I’m guessing these are a catch-as-catch-can type of thing like Jack Sparrow…if you happen to be lucky enough to be walking by when he walks by, well there you go. But otherwise, don’t count on it.

so, if anybody has seen either one of these gents, let me hear from you please! TIA always:smickey:
Yeah, Nick Fury only does a little show, not meet and greets. The CMs in Avengers Campus were able to tell us when it was.

Didn’t see Indy, but friends did. I am not sure if he’s roaming or doing meets. I think roaming?

I think that Disneyland is giving Nick Fury the same treatment that they gave Hawkeye when the Hawkeye show debuted in November 2021 and then once the Hawkeye show ended after Christmas 2021 you never ever ever see Hawkeye in Avengers Campus for meet and greets since. With Nick Fury it will be the same thing and I can bet when Marvel's Secret Invasion ends Nick Fury will no longer appear at Avengers Campus and be hard to meet and greet. As for Indiana Jones I think he will become a meet and greet character and Disneyland will most likely build an area next to the Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland just for him. But this thing with bringing out new Marvel characters as a one time character should stop and what DCA should do with these characters instead is have them do meet and greets. I mean they have Shang-Chi and he did meet and greets when Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings debuted in theaters and he's popular in Avengers Campus. Another character that was a popular meet and greet character from the time he was gonna be added to Avengers Campus that was the talk of the town was Moon Knight but as soon as Moon Knight ended Moon Knight disappeared from Avengers Campus and was never ever seen again. I think Avengers Campus overhypes the promotion of new characters and does not fully give the new heroes freedom to do meet and greets and rather has them perform in shows because they see meet and greets as a time waster

I saw Indy out, he came out around 10 AM. Just got off the Indy ride and was looking for him and saw him walking around, he free roams so it can be easy to miss him

Saw Indy out on June 30. He was near the Indiana Jones ride and surrounded by people. DH and I were standing back watching the madness when a CM came up to us and told us we could go over there because he was real and not just some cosplay. We laughed and told him that we were content not being part of the mob and were aware that he was a Disney official character.

Caught the Nick Fury show on Saturday. The area that has been set up for him is very obvious. They are using the SUV type vehicle that they often use in Avengers Campus and they have some other decorative items set up near it. A few minutes before Nick Fury does his show, a bunch of CMs stand around the area getting ready to direct traffic, so it's pretty obvious something is going to happen. It's a full-sun area but the show is short. Nick Fury gives a brief lesson on spying with a little help from audience participation and that's about it. He did not stay for a meet and greet, and I don't know if he does any at other times of the day. The show ran more than once during the day because we came across it again, but it wasn't listed on the entertainment schedule in the app.

Thank you @longtimedisneylurker ! EXACTLY what I needed to know…I’ll keep my eye out for him! :rotfl2: Hope he’s still there July 16! Wish he’d do M&G too, though. My MCU.character collage would be perfect if I had me with Director Fury at the top! :love: Crazy old lady…

We saw Indiana Jones a few times walking around Adventureland this past week. We also saw him on top of the jungle cruise ride I think it was.

What I think Disneyland is trying to do with Nick Fury in Avengers Campus in DCA is trying to keep him from doing meet and greets and limiting him to do just shows. But a little known secret my mother and I found out about characters like Nick Fury is if you attend a show and the characters might hang around for a little longer you can ask the cast member this question "Excuse Me can you get Nick Fury to meet me and get my photo and sign my autograph book?" and depending on what the cast member says you can meet characters like Nick Fury and get your autograph and photo with him. As for Indiana Jones I have never ever met him during my visits to Disneyland and I never knew you could meet and greet with him so he must be rare to meet now. But as I mentioned yesterday in my earlier post I think Disneyland should promote new Marvel heroes that are added to Avengers Campus in DCA because why they are not letting popular characters like Moon Knight Hawkeye America Chavez Ms. Marvel Scarlet Witch "Wanda " and Star Lord do meet and greets is a big mystery i'll never figure out and solve

Avengers Campus is supposed to look like a working Campus, so they are trying their hardest to keep the idea alive. Stationary meets don't fit the vision, so they are kind of limited. Instead you'll see the characters doing things like the Dance Off, Nick Fury's show, Doctor Strange teaching magic tricks or Loki going on a mission to find Black Widow.

They are keeping what they consider the main characters out steadily. Maybe that will change once the movies officially reach the new phase.

They add characters like Nick Fury once something new starts which is absolutely promotion for the project, isn't it? Then they phase them out after a while. If they kept everyone permanently we'd need a way bigger campus. ;) I mean not that I'd complain.

The only one from your list who has been totally unreachable since Campus Opening is sadly Hawkeye. Though on a personal level that makes me feel slightly better about having run that Marvel 5k race to get my picture with him. :rotfl2:

Scarlet Witch was absolutely doing Meet and Greets, the only issue was her "park era" was when social distancing was happening. She was on the stairs mostly, but you could talk to her and take pictures. She does not sign, but the reason for that is that "she burns everything she touches", which is a perfectly valid explanation per her storyline. During the Oogie Boogie Bash she was still doing meet and greets, I chatted to her several times then because she had absolutely no line.

Ms. Marvel was also doing pictures and signing while she was out.

Not having Moon Knight do meets and instead only send out Mr. Knight makes sense looking at the characters. Same reasoning why last Halloween only Elsa Bloodstone was out and Wolfie was growling on the roof.

I have seen both Star Lord and Gamora at the photo spot at the Avengers "A" logo too, it is just very rare. They're busy with the dance offs after all. They both meet during special events. But when they are leaving their show you can absolutely interact with them.

Oh that's a wonderful explaination you gave Vala. I have always wanted to meet Star Lord myself as one of my biggest dreams but sadly I don't think i'll be able to at this time. Vala next time you go to Avengers Campus and if you see Star Lord there be sure to tell him all about me and make sure he sends me some love and give him a big hug from me
Dodger

We saw Nick Fury’s show last week around 6:30pm. It’s a short show with some audience participation geared towards kids. Our kids were selected to participate and loved being part of the show.
IMG_7790.jpeg

We were at the parks July 2 - July 5th and saw Indy while on the Jungle Cruise boat. He was on the 2nd floor of the queue (empty at the time) and interacting with people in line and on the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter