Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Now I get promos in the mail from them constantly but after that I'm scared off.

Those will keep coming unfortunately. I have 4 radios, one in each car and two of the old Onyx portable type ones. The Onyx ones had a car kit and you could listen in your car and they even sold a speaker with a dock that you could put the radio in and listen at home etc. I cancelled one Onyx because my wife got a new car and it was installed in the radio. Because they now include streaming I can listen through my Alexa so I cancelled the second Onyx radio. Didn't have the issues you did when I cancelled, but I basically told them I was cancelling the Onyx because I had it installed in my car radio and didn't need to use them anymore. That was well over a year ago I cancelled the second Onyx and I still get mail from them with deals to renew, just got another one today.

For anyone who wants to cancel outright I would just tell them you got a new car and it has a free trial and you will sign up again when the trial is over. Or tell them you are selling the car.

I just renewed yesterday but can't get my car radio to reconnect now. Any tips? I really don't want to call if I don't have to!

I just renewed yesterday but can't get my car radio to reconnect now. Any tips? I really don't want to call if I don't have to!
After I reactivated the service in December 2020, they sent me a confirmation email. I had to click on Refresh your Signal line on the email.

After I reactivated the service in December 2020, they sent me a confirmation email. I had to click on Refresh your Signal line on the email.

Yep. If you have not used the radio in a while you probably need to refresh. You can also call them and there is a prompt to send a signal I believe so you do't have to talk to anyone. Also if you sign into your account there is also a place to click and send a refresh signal. If you don't have an account set up you can go to this page to refresh the signal as well.

https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action?alert=logout&langpref=en

OP here, approximately 1 year after I started this post. I’ve renewed my subscription, for 6.35/month, including all taxes and fees.

It was much easier last year, when you could just do this all on a computer, in about 3 minutes.

this year, I had to do an online chat, and due to hold times, got the deal I needed to stay on with them for another year. The deal was $4.99/mo plus the fees/taxes.

Repeating the OP’s question.... anyone renewed in the last month or 2? What rates have you gotten?? My DH’s year is up & he’s being charged $22/ month for all access. Last year I was able to see a few deals online when it was time to renew for my car. I got the $78/ year for all access. At his rate DH will be paying $260+.

I tried to renew his online & look for the rate I got but it’s not there anymore. Looks like I have to click the “I want to cancel“ & chat options? Then go thru the song & dance online??

I called they wanted $23 a month after taxes per car. I told them to let it expire. They called back a week later and I was at work. I returned there call this Monday and got $75 per car for a year. I am perfectly happy paying $150 a year for two cars.

Both of our cars renew in mid-June. I'm waiting until just before they bill our cc to negotiate. The one time I renewed a few weeks early, they changed my new expiration date to 1 year from the day I call. I could easily lose 1 month per year every time we renew if I don't hold out until the last minute.

Repeating the OP’s question.... anyone renewed in the last month or 2? What rates have you gotten?? My DH’s year is up & he’s being charged $22/ month for all access. Last year I was able to see a few deals online when it was time to renew for my car. I got the $78/ year for all access. At his rate DH will be paying $260+.

I tried to renew his online & look for the rate I got but it’s not there anymore. Looks like I have to click the “I want to cancel“ & chat options? Then go thru the song & dance online??

I just renewed today. They first wanted around $22 for the all access package for 1 year. I told them to cancel and they offered me the all access for 8.95 plus tax for 12 months.

Both of our cars renew in mid-June. I'm waiting until just before they bill our cc to negotiate. The one time I renewed a few weeks early, they changed my new expiration date to 1 year from the day I call. I could easily lose 1 month per year every time we renew if I don't hold out until the last minute.
When you renew before your renewal date you should get a partial credit on your bill. You shouldn't ever be "losing" any time of your previous year's subscription.

They are really fighting me. They offered me 8.25/mo for all access, then when I agreed they told me it was actually 12.99. Now they arguing that they didn't bait and switch me.

I did it last weekend on the online chat. I told them I would only stay if I got the $5 a month promo deal on the site and they gave it to me. I honestly didn’t care one way or the other if they said no, because I barely use it.

I called a few weeks ago and got it down to like $8 a month. I love listening to Howard Stern, Phish, the Grateful Dead, 80’s, and Jimmy Buffet.

I spent an hour and a half on a chat with them yesterday morning. I told them I wanted to cancel, I wasn't going to pay $35/month when they are taking things away from the subscription. I have two radios, one an XM Onyx Plus that I've had for 10 years and the built in Sirius in my wife's truck. I said I would cancel unless they could drastically reduce my rate for the upgraded plan that included everything I used to get. He checks and comes back with 4.99/mo for select, I ask about the all access because I really want the MLB channels back. They came back offering me 8.25/mo for all access. I asked if I could mix and match the two on my two radios. Put the lower plan on the Onyx and the all access on the truck. I'm told sure and start processing. I give them authorization for the first radio, then they come back and tell me it's 12.99 for the second. 75 minutes later the rep admitted that he offered and I accepted the 8.25 rate and then they changed the rate. We have a state law in WI that makes it illegal to change the rate after it has been agreed to. I'm going to email corporate with the screenshots I have of the chat and see if they will correct it before I go to the state AG.

OP here, approximately 1 year after I started this post. I’ve renewed my subscription, for 6.35/month, including all taxes and fees.

It was much easier last year, when you could just do this all on a computer, in about 3 minutes.

this year, I had to do an online chat, and due to hold times, got the deal I needed to stay on with them for another year. The deal was $4.99/mo plus the fees/taxes.

Yes, it was easier last year. I just renewed mine last week. When I tried to cancel, the online offer was $12.99 a month (last year it was $5.00 a month). I did an online chat and told the representative that I wanted the same deal as last year. He offered me just over $12 a month. I said “Nope, it’s too much. I want what I had.” Then, he finally offered me $4.99 a month for one year and I took It. They don’t make it easy, that’s for sure.

Just spent 10 minutes on the phone getting my rate back to 4.99 plus tax. Told the automated system I wanted to cancel/change my account and was almost immediately connected to a person. Requested my old rate and immediately got it. Easy.

Just renewed my subscription and basically had the same experience as other posters over the last couple of months. Logged into my account online, and it showed automatic renewal for $22/month. I clicked on the option to cancel my subscription and opted for the online chat. I typed that I was happy with my current rate ($5/month), but didn't use the service enough to justify $22/month. The operator then immediately responded with an offer to renew at my current rate -- $5/month. I accepted it, and total cost was $77, which included $17 in taxes & fees above the $60 annual subscription cost. Definitely happy with that rate, and feel I get my money's worth!

Thanks to all the posters for sharing their experiences, since it initially helped me cut my rate in half last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter