Anyone remember this???

ynottony99

Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!
I stumbled across someones pictures from a trip they took to Orlando in 2000. There is an interesting photo of an RV that Disney apparently rented out for use at FW.

http://www.ahome4u.net/travel/5_17 disney.htm

This is the photo in case the page goes away.

5_17disneyRV.jpg

I remember that, but didn't they use it for RV shows? That is what we were told. We always said we wanted to buy it!

I remember that, but didn't they use it for RV shows? That is what we were told. We always said we wanted to buy it!

I remember seeing this parked at the walkway on the right hand side to Pioneer Hall. We were told they stopped this when they built more cabins.

Tony- Great find!

I think I recall seeing that Class-C around the Fort, but I hadn't thought about it until I saw the photo. I wonder what happened to it?:confused3

I don't think this was ever on display on the walkway near Pioneer Hall. The last unit that was there on display was a trailer. It had a clear Plexiglas door so you could look inside. I believe that was a Coachman unit.

Is that an old photo of Pioneer Hall there in your signature? Where did you find that? The building looks the same, but it looks like there is just a dirt road in front of it. Interesting.

TCD

Tony- Great find!

I think I recall seeing that Class-C around the Fort, but I hadn't thought about it until I saw the photo. I wonder what happened to it?:confused3

I don't think this was ever on display on the walkway near Pioneer Hall. The last unit that was there on display was a trailer. It had a clear Plexiglas door so you could look inside. I believe that was a Coachman unit.

Is that an old photo of Pioneer Hall there in your signature? Where did you find that? The building looks the same, but it looks like there is just a dirt road in front of it. Interesting.

TCD

I was doing an "Image" search with a couple of different search engines and stumbled across this stuff, including the old pic of Pioneer Hall. I am not sure what the story is with the dirt street. Maybe we need to ask Ken or one of the other old timers around the Fort.

Fleetwood RV's used to sponsor some events and advertising for Disney along with the cabins that they originally put in but they pulled out when the new cabins replaced theirs. I have a picture with my DH and dad and I in front of the one shown. It never was open to let people go in but they did have it to the right of Pioneer Hall.

Nancy

I also remember seeing a tt inthat same area on the right as you walk toward pioneer hall but i also remember a class c Coachman unit there at some point if my memory serves me the tt was a Coachman also but haven't seen either of these lately

I was doing an "Image" search with a couple of different search engines and stumbled across this stuff, including the old pic of Pioneer Hall. I am not sure what the story is with the dirt street. Maybe we need to ask Ken or one of the other old timers around the Fort.

I have no info, but my assumption is that this is a publicity photo taken before park opening and before they paved and landscaped. It sure adds to the rusticity (I LOVE making up words!).

There was a Class C RV on the path to settlement hall until maybe a year ago. last time i was there (Spring) the area had been redone. Not improtant I know, but reminds me of a story my family doctor told me (an older RV'er) - that Fleetwood's "Wilderness" line of travel trailers was introduced in conjunction with Disney's Fort "Wilderness". Anyone know if this is true? DD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter