Anyone remember having this in the house growing up?

My sister still has my mother's. I make Double Cheese Delight all the time, and the chocolate chip cookie recipe is to die for.

I think they were sold by Betty Crocker in the 1970s…keep only the ones you want…coated to be wiped clean…but wait…there’s more…get the box and other kitchen gizmos free…for the low low price of ??…😂

My mom had a wooden file with 3 x 5 cards all with hand written recipes and ones clipped out of the newspaper. She grew up in the depression so not sure she would pay for something she could get for free by sharing with friends or clipped out of the food section every Wednesday in the newspaper.

did not have one but remember them.

the only written recipies i remember my mom using were for certain baked goods in the good old betty crocker cook book. everything else she had committed to memory.

I had the whole set, but in a different box. I think they were from the grocery store sometime in the late '70's. Yikes, I'm old! :D

My Mom's set was a gift from my grandmother. I remember the sets coming every month, and how excited we were to look at the cards. Each month you'd get a few cards for the different categories. I don't remember if my mother had the completed set, but I think she did. She was not the world's best cook; I think my grandmother was trying to send her a not-so-subtle message. I remember her making the chocolate chip cookies. For years I thought the cookies were *supposed* to be black on the bottom. It was only after she passed away that we came across the recipe box again and a few of the cards became favorites to make.

I remember seeing that advertised, but we didn't have one. We DID have an Encyclopedia of Cooking, where you got a different letter/book each month. My favorite was CH-CZ, which had Christmas, Chocolate, AND cookies!

I bought an entire set at a yard sale about 25 years ago, since my sister got our mom's set.

when i moved out on my own i went to a local used book store and found the oldest, most dog eared, stained page cookbook i could find. someone had used that book to near-death. i've had it over 30 years and it's still my go to for old school homestyle cooking :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter