Anyone recently stayed at the Pan Pacific and do luggage pick-up?

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
We are booked here for our October sailing on the Wonder. I read that the bellmen can pick your bags up at the room and you see them next on the ship.. I assume they still do this? and any issues with this? Just paranoid I won't see my bags.. I will airtag them but still. Like the idea of the service but also like the idea of having clothes lol. I figure as we are so close anyways, why not just bring the bags down myself.

We did that twice for our Alaska cruises. It is really as easy as you described it to be. Have a great cruise! If you're looking for something fun to do before the cruise, check out Grouse Mountain. Moreover, if you feeling adventurous...you can try the Grouse Grind where you run up the mountain. I have yet to be able to try this myself. The first time we sailed out of Vancouver I had broken my neck and wrist in a car accident three weeks before our cruise (we sailed anyway because we didn't get trip insurance) and the second time they were doing some repair work to the trail. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful place to visit with a gondola ride up the mountain and a really cool lumber jack show and a bear exhibit.

Loved the Pan Pacific luggage service. It can seem a little nerve-racking to hand over your bags, but man when I saw the line to drop off baggage was I glad I got to skip that step! It's super easy, the only thing to note is on the morning of a cruise EVERYONE is using this service, so they often tell you it will take 20-30 minutes after you call for the bellservice to come to your room to pick up your bags. I'd make sure to schedule that extra time into your day - call early enough before you want to leave for your PAT or your room check-out time.

To help with the nerves, I just tried to remember that they handle TONS of cruisers bags for TONS of different cruise lines. If they messed up and didn't get peoples bags onto the ship often, then I would probably hear about it somewhere, and I don't.

You can always drag them down the elevator to the lobby, and then transfer to the elevator that goes to the parking garage/cruise check in yourself. But it really is glorious not to be dragging bags around all morning.

I haven't used the service since pre-covid, but it was awesome. It was so nice just going down stairs to check in with just our carry-ons in tow.

Did it a few weeks ago, they only provide service from 7-11am, and like others said it sometimes take 30 minutes at least after you call on busy cruise days. Worth it and good idea to tip. Also, someone has to be in the room when they come for your bags.

Last summer they had a suggested tip amount per bag. It was less than what we had given in the past, so we just stuck with our normal of $5 per bag for the Pan. We came to that number because we assumed we would have paid $5 per bag if we had had to use 2 porters (hotel & port.)

Thats on the detail tips. Call early etc. be in room. Good to know!

Also it has been mentioned briefly before, the main hotel elevators do not go down to cruise level. You have to change to the cruise level elevators either on the Lobby or Ground floor. The cruise level elevators are just around steps around the corner from the main hotel ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter