Anyone put their Christmas tree up yet?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We would normally do it this weekend or next but two out of three kids were home today along with my dh. I was prepping food for tomorrow to take to my brothers and everyone was just sitting around. So I said, hey you guys want to go grab the tree and set it up. They jumped on it and it is now pretty much decorated.

We switched to an artificial tree a few years ago and I cannot believe how quick and simple and fun it was. And the best part is that it’s done! Now we can just enjoy it.

When do you put yours up?

We would normally do it this weekend or next but two out of three kids were home today along with my dh. I was prepping food for tomorrow to take to my brothers and everyone was just sitting around. So I said, hey you guys want to go grab the tree and set it up. They jumped on it and it is now pretty much decorated.

We switched to an artificial tree a few years ago and I cannot believe how quick and simple and fun it was. And the best part is that it’s done! Now we can just enjoy it.

When do you put yours up?

We put ours up on Monday. A little early, yes. But we're hosting Thanksgiving and the decorated tree makes the living room look nicer.

We will put ours up maybe tomorrow? We are going out to eat so don't have to worry about cooking and cleaning. We have a 6 month old kitten though... and I'm afraid he's going to be a climber!! We have an artificial tree so the plan is to set it up with no decorations and see if it lasts the weekend. Our other 3 cats are mildly interested but no one has ever tried to climb or pull it down. I've heard they don't like the smell of orange so tried putting a gel orange air freshener under it last year, didn't do a thing, they still walked right up and tried to chew on it.

So, I am a little Christmas Tree crazy and I put up ...well.... almost as many trees as the white house. I usually start the week before thanksgiving and it takes a couple of weeks to get them all done. My family acts like the don't approve but this year, they have been bugging me to put up my trees. Of course, this year we have a shorter time between Thanksgiving and Christmas so the pressure is on. What do you know, I have a foot injury which turned into a nasty infection. I am about 2.5 weeks into this. I am under doctor's orders not to move unless necessary.

So, I have one tree up and decorated and one tree up with lights and no decorations. I really want o skip the whole Tree Crazy thing this year.

Usually two to three weeks before Christmas. The weekend of December 7-8 sounds good this year.

Still haven't decided whether to get a cut real tree or buy an artificial one to replace the one I threw out (middle set of lights stopped working)

We do four trees, because I'm a crazy person.

There's usually a real 7ish ft. tree in the dining room, but last year our 9' big living room tree decided that it didn't want to light up anymore, so we ended up with two real trees. I've been searching for a new 9' fake tree but couldn't find one I liked. DH said he really liked the fresh one in the living room last year...I told him I only want to take care of one real tree this year, so I bought a new fake tree for the dining room and it's up but not decorated and has been for two weeks (I didn't want to drag it upstairs then back down again).

We picked out our real living room tree at the nursery last weekend and we'll go pick it up Friday.

Tomorrow after the kids go home with the grandparents, I'll decorate the dining room tree, put up and decorate the 7.5 ft kitchen tree, and set up and decorate the 6' bedroom tree. And I'll love every second of it!

Friday we'll pick up the fresh 9' living room tree and decorate it, as well as pick up our fresh wreaths.

Our dogs will be so happy - laying under the trees is one of their favorite things in life. They know they are the true gifts :rotfl:

Not yet. I want it up within the next week. I work every weekend until the weekend before Christmas which sucks. I will have to have my husband and kids get everything from the crawl space this weekend and then try to do the rest on my days off .

So, I am a little Christmas Tree crazy and I put up ...well.... almost as many trees as the white house.

Right there with you. Last year we had 9 trees up in the house. Plus two 4x8 tables with our village, etc.... I think this year we're going to scale back, as we're short on time. Tree number one going up as I write this. Probably will do 4 or 5 "only". :D

Not yet. I have a tree but every year it's a 50/50 shot on if I get the thing up. It seems to always skip a year and is mostly due to me being very VERY tired from my shifts. Might splurge and just get a mini or I can tinsel the cat tree. 😆

Up yes, decorated no. We get a real tree ever year, and we stumbled on an open tree lot last Sunday. Since it was 40 in MN and Thanksgiving is so late, we stopped and got one. We haven't had time to decorate it yet though, so I just have a dark plain tree in the living room LOL.

Just finished setting up and decorating an artificial 7 foot tree. It's hard doing it on your lone. But I managed to assemble the tree after a few tries. Decorating was easy. You got to have a tree if you've got grandchildren!
It feels good to be ready for Christmas. I think my German heritage makes the tree a real focal point of the Christmas decorating.

The small-ish artificial tree we put in the front window goes up tonight and the real tree for the family room will go up Friday. We’ve been decorating in bits and pieces because we’re hosting a Christmas party on the 7th, so I want all the decorating finished this weekend.

We were going to put it up this coming weekend but it's going to be crazy busy so we put it up this past Sunday (we're in Canada so our Thanksgiving was weeks ago).

Usually the day after Thanksgiving or sometime that weekend. We like to have fall decorations so we put out the Christmas at the same time we pack up the fall/Thanksgiving ones.

We recently moved and have been incredibly busy. We put up a few Halloween decorations last month, but nothing for fall. My kids were looking for the fall decorations today because they want to set the table for Thanksgiving so we will likely just do that tonight/tomorrow. We will also be traveling for Christmas and doing Christmas with my oldest when we return. I'm thinking we will just set up the tree and gifts and probably not much else in the way of decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter